PDA

View Full Version : Every American should read this.

Buckrub
01-24-2013, 05:45 PM
http://money.msn.com/investing/why-washington-cant-fix-the-budget

Why do I keep hearing a Merle Haggard song in my head????

Penguin
01-25-2013, 11:00 AM
I have been reading Stan Collender state the same thing (with a few changes here and there) for a couple years now.

Medical expenses are truly at the root of many of these unbreachable gaps between revenue and expenses. Eventually if we want to be competitive on a global scale we are going to have to get our businesses out from underneath the burden of paying for this stuff. By attaching the costs of our medical system to products (while other nations attach them later on at the income stream of the individual) we are making ourselves uncompetitive. The same could be said about the Value Added Tax system they use, it is designed explicitly to make our exports less competitive. And it works.

Not sure how the medical problem will be solved. The insurance and medical lobbies are SO strong. One thing is certain, we have the most inefficient and haphazard health care system one could dream up. Just about anything any other nation can conceive is better. Might be time to think about making them pay for all of the research and development that we have to pay for in this nation.

Will