PDA

View Full Version : any of y'all seeing a increase of stink bugs?

airbud7
10-10-2018, 10:17 AM
dam things are everywhere...I started seeing them last year but this year its worse...
http://files.growingproduce.com/growingproduce/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Brown_stinkbug.jpg

read this report today so I'm not alone
South Carolina sees massive stink bug invasion
https://www.foxnews.com/science/south-carolina-sees-massive-stink-bug-invasion-theyre-looking-to-move-into-peoples-homes

Thumper
10-10-2018, 10:29 AM
I've heard they're only attracted to stink. I haven't seen any. :poke

Big Muddy
10-10-2018, 10:43 AM
Yep, stink bugs, pink boll worms, and army worms are really bad this year.....if you plant your fall food plots, when the daily temps are still above 65 degrees, and they are up and growing nicely, you prolly won't see anything except bare ground, when you go back to look at your plot.....a bad infestation of army worms can march across and devour 5 acres in a 24 hour period...,.fortunately, they are easily and inexpensively controlled with an insecticide spray application.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Technical question: is astink bug and a squash bug the same animule?

I’ll take my answer off the air.

BKB

Thumper
10-10-2018, 11:50 AM
I dunno ... but I DO know ya' don't wanna squash a stink bug! ;)

Chicken Dinner
10-10-2018, 12:24 PM
It was way worse here a couple of years ago when they first showed up. Now, it’s just a few here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJ3
10-10-2018, 01:35 PM
I had always called them wood beetles around here until the stinkbug thing got traction. They're all over the damn place here.

BarryBobPosthole
10-10-2018, 07:04 PM
The stock market was one big stink bug today!

We can’t stand much more of this winning shit.

BKB

Big Muddy
10-10-2018, 09:19 PM
The stock market was one big stink bug today!

We can’t stand much more of this winning shit.

BKB

Ha, just text Pelosi, Booker, Waters, and Schumer.....they got all the answers, and will fix up that sheeit for ya.....seriously, just be thankful for the bull market for the past two years. ;)

Chicken Dinner
10-11-2018, 07:25 AM
Ha, just text Pelosi, Booker, Waters, and Schumer.....they got all the answers, and will fix up that sheeit for ya.....seriously, just be thankful for the bull market for the past two years. ;)

We’ve been in a bull market for 8+ years, but don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Big Muddy
10-11-2018, 08:33 AM
Somewhat, but nothing like the past two years.....otherwise, show me YOUR figures(facts).

Thumper
10-11-2018, 09:10 AM
Ummmm, has anybody thought about this little tidbit? The DOW was at 7,949 when Obama left office. Yesterday the market "crashed" .... all the way down to 25,598.74! It'll probably slide a bit more today until everything stabilizes. I'm FAR from a stock market expert, but I don't see where there should be a panic.

Chicken Dinner
10-11-2018, 09:20 AM
Somewhat, but nothing like the past two years.....otherwise, show me YOUR figures(facts).

Here you https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/08/22/longest-bull-market-since-world-war-ii-likely-to-go-on-because-us-is-best-game-in-town.html

Chicken Dinner
10-11-2018, 09:22 AM
Ummmm, has anybody thought about this little tidbit? The DOW was at 7,949 when Obama left office. Yesterday the market "crashed" .... all the way down to 25,598.74! It'll probably slide a bit more today until everything stabilizes. I'm FAR from a stock market expert, but I don't see where there should be a panic.

WRONG! On January 20, 2009, the day Obama TOOK office the Dow was at 7,949.09.

Chicken Dinner
10-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Don’t get me wrong, it’s been a great two year run. But, let’s stop making stuff up.

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2018, 09:37 AM
If the businesses that make up the DOW couldn’t have a better profile for investors after a $350 billion dollar cash infusion at regular taxpayer’s expense, then they better hire some new bean counters. I happen to know a good one who’s in the market, BTW.

I’m not saying that the sugar rush from that is over, but it’s gonna be. There’s lots of room for argument that we have less of a bull market and more of a bubble right now too.

Therre have been lots of predictions from economists who are supposed to know. It will be interesting, and possibly painful, to see who is right.

BKB

Thumper
10-11-2018, 10:04 AM
WRONG! On January 20, 2009, the day Obama TOOK office the Dow was at 7,949.09.

See? I told you I'm not an expert ... heck, I can't even READ! You're right, should'a been 18,332.74 at the end. ('Course it jumped 600+ points the day after Trump was elected) :D

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2018, 10:05 AM
And dropped 800 yesterday. Not to worry though, we’ll make up the loss with more volume.

BKB

Thumper
10-11-2018, 10:22 AM
And dropped 800 yesterday. Not to worry though, we’ll make up the loss with more volume. BKB

Yep, and even with the drop, he's STILL 6500 above what he inherited. Plus, the reason was the Feds raising the interest rate which ALWAYS stirs up the market. Give credit where credit is due snowflake. :D

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2018, 10:33 AM
That’s what Trump is saying is the reason. His finger is always pointing in someone’s direction except his own.

Investors aren’t fleeing the market. They are just finding ways to minimize their risk. Corporate stock buybacks are a big actor in driving this bull the last couple of years. Almost a trillion in stock buybacks this year alone. So of course their stocks are going to go up.

where’s the trillion gonna come from next year?

BKB

Thumper
10-11-2018, 10:39 AM
That’s what Trump is saying is the reason. His finger is always pointing in someone’s direction except his own. BKB

Ummmm, yeah ... when has the market NOT dropped when the Feds raised their rate?

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Well, they’ve raised them seven or eight times in a row haven’t they? So has the market tanked 800 points seven or eight times.

BKB

Thumper
10-11-2018, 11:03 AM
Dang, I’ll have to back out of this tit-for-tat. On the road now with a list of errands to run. You guys be nice or I’ll tat-your-tit! (Or is that teat?) [emoji849]

DeputyDog
10-11-2018, 11:34 AM
What was this thread originally about? Oh yeah.....stink bugs. I’ve noticed a lot more around here this year too.

BarryBobPosthole
10-11-2018, 01:00 PM
Dang, I’ll have to back out of this tit-for-tat. On the road now with a list of errands to run. You guys be nice or I’ll tat-your-tit! (Or is that teat?) [emoji849]

Skeerdy cat!

BKb