PDA

View Full Version : A farm needs a dog

Penguin
10-25-2018, 12:48 PM
Well it's true. :)

I'd like to introduce you to Dottie. Half short haired border collie and half Pyrenees Mountain dog. She's got the markings of the collie but the size of the Pyrenees. This photo is a few weeks old. She's 5 months and just under 40 pounds now. If you look on her foot you'll see the rear dew claw, a surefire giveaway of one of the mountain dog breeds.

BarryBobPosthole
10-25-2018, 01:35 PM
Good looking pup! She gonna be an inside or outside dog? If she ever grows into those feet she might be a grocery bill!

Ps...I like most dogs better than I like people.

BKB

Penguin
10-25-2018, 02:12 PM
She's an inside dog. My wife wouldn't hear otherwise.

I've been pretty impressed with the dog to be honest. Wonderful disposition and pretty sharp. She likes to wrestle and play tug which may be a full sized workout by the time she finishes growing.

Will

johnboy
10-25-2018, 02:23 PM
Gotta love pups! She looks great.

LJ3
10-25-2018, 05:32 PM
Nothing like having a puppy! enjoy

Arty
10-25-2018, 07:02 PM
She already looks spoiled.

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2018, 07:30 PM
Good looking pup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airbud7
10-26-2018, 06:44 AM
Gotta love a good dog!

https://media.giphy.com/media/7u8SK4p1Cny2Q/giphy.gif

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/ed/5a/02ed5a147e5091479a7f25d16bd4ff87.gif

https://i.gifer.com/embedded/download/52.gif

Penguin
10-26-2018, 09:19 AM
Well she ain't learned to read yet but if she ever does you will see me on the late show circuit making some serious cash. :)

When my brother found out we were getting a Pyrenees mix he told me that they were very interesting dogs. His neighbor has one and he said one day he came up to their porch and the dog was sitting on it looking at the sky. It kept looking up while he approached and my brother finally glanced up to see what was holding its attention. Turns out it saw a plane flying overhead and either watching the plane or the vapor trail. Something most every dog I've known wouldn't even have noticed. He said it watched the plane until it disappeared. Dottie is like that too. She notices little things that you wouldn't expect a dog to see or pay attention to.

But she is stubborn. And the first dog I've ever seen that will sass you back when she disagrees with the command "no".

Will

Bwana
10-26-2018, 09:21 AM
Let the games begin!

BarryBobPosthole
10-26-2018, 11:14 AM
I had a springer once that sassed like that. Very much like a teenager that has to have the last word.

BKB

Thumper
11-08-2018, 10:10 AM
When my brother found out we were getting a Pyrenees mix he told me that they were very interesting dogs. His neighbor has one and he said one day he came up to their porch and the dog was sitting on it looking at the sky. It kept looking up while he approached and my brother finally glanced up to see what was holding its attention. Turns out it saw a plane flying overhead and either watching the plane or the vapor trail. Something most every dog I've known wouldn't even have noticed. He said it watched the plane until it disappeared. Dottie is like that too. She notices little things that you wouldn't expect a dog to see or pay attention to. Will

Sorry, I'm just now catching up on what all went on around here while I was gone.

Willie, your story reminds me of a time I was on a fishing/bear hunting trip in Northern Ontario Canada. My buddy and I were walleye fishing along the shoreline and came up on a small, shallow cove. As we came around the corner, we noticed a large bull moose only yards in front of us. He was just standing there eating water plants and really didn't seem to care that we were there. We just drifted for a few minutes watching him and suddenly a couple of ducks flew by overhead "quacking" as they flew. That moose looked straight up at those ducks and stood there watching them, never taking his eyes off of them until they disappeared from sight. We watched as he then continued on with what he was doing before the flyover, like he didn't have a care in the world. We both looked at each other and just busted out laughing. It was one of the darndest things we'd ever seen in the wild and the story has been told many times in the years since. My buddy passed away a few years back, but that's one memory I will always have with me.