PDA

View Full Version : An unexpected treat

quercus alba
11-13-2018, 10:05 AM
A guy I've met had been on one of those exotic "canned" hunts out in Texas and killed a Gemsbok. He gave me a couple of packages of sausage he'd made from it. Actually I can't tell gemsbok from eland or sable. I think I'm channeling my inner Capstick, I have a sudden urge to hunt cape buffalo with a spear

Chicken Dinner
11-13-2018, 11:08 AM
Do it! I mean, how could that go wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
11-13-2018, 11:31 AM
I have an old Army buddy who lives about 40 miles west of Waco and I visited with him a few years back. As we were riding toward the little town he lives closest to (Gatesville) we passed some property with high fences and it looked like a giant zoo. There were all sorts of exotic animals roaming around and they looked so tame it appeared you could walk up and pet them. He said rich dudes like doctors and attorneys "from the city" pay to go out there and shoot them. WTF? Granted, there was a lot of property there, but it was pretty open, Texas type scrub, etc. These animals were just grazing right next to the highway like they didn't have a worry in the world. Looking at them and thinking about "hunting" them seemed kind of silly. The guy may as well just slaughter them for the meat and hides, then send the heads to a taxidermist and sell them. It seems about as sporting.

I'm sure some hunts are different, I've never experienced one. But the one I saw looked more like a petting zoo.

BarryBobPosthole
11-13-2018, 11:55 AM
Texans love that shit. That’s where most of the ‘exotic’ hunts are in my area.

To each their own.

BKb