PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Edition

BarryBobPosthole
11-14-2018, 12:45 PM

This is the pure uncut hard stuff. Ripe home grown tabasco peppers cooked up with some sweet red peppers and garlic and salt. Pretty simple ingredients. Its only 50,000 scovilles but it’ll light you up.
I still have a couple bottles of the last edition five years ago. I aged the puree for it for a year before I cut it with vinegar and bottled it. I’m going to age this for as long as my current supply of the old stuff lasts. I cut mine with cider vinegar at a 4/1 ratio so I’ll get about 25 five oz bottles this go round.

I brought a couple bottle of this to Larke’s and those Deplorables down there gobbled it up in just a couple days. A bottle lasts me for months. A bottle will last Muddy a lifetime.

Soon as I bottle it, I’ll send out a few if anyone wants to try it. I love making this stuff, but I can’t see doing it every year. I can vouch that it gets better as it sits and ages too.

BKB

Arty
11-14-2018, 01:14 PM
A bottle will last Muddy a lifetime.

BKB

You making labels for it this year?

Big Muddy
11-14-2018, 01:18 PM
"""""....but it’ll light you up."""""

ANY of that stuff you brew will light yo azz up, if'n you ain't got a gall bladder !!!!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-14-2018, 01:20 PM
I haven’t decided yet on labels. I’m not sure if ‘Big Muddy’s Pussy Sauce’ will fit on a label. May have to go for something shorter.

BKB

Captain
11-14-2018, 01:31 PM
BMPS....
Short enough.

BarryBobPosthole
11-14-2018, 01:32 PM
He’ll be wanting a royalty fee or something you wait.
BKB

Penguin
11-14-2018, 01:34 PM
Hey that looks great Posty. I did my first batch this past year and it is OK but needs improvement. I want to can the stuff but know nothing about it. Any hints would be very welcome.

I do like the peppers I grew this year though. I tried Grandpa's Hot peppers and Sugar Rush Peach peppers and they are both really good. I just ended up freezing most of them for chili later on this winter. But I'd like to learn how to make some real hot pepper sauce. The habanero stuff I use costs over $5 a bottle!

Will

quercus alba
11-14-2018, 01:53 PM
I may swap you some pear perserves iffn you'd like

Chicken Dinner
11-14-2018, 01:57 PM
Count me in! That last batch would sure enough clear your sinuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Dinner
11-14-2018, 01:58 PM
Do you can/preserve it to age it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-14-2018, 02:05 PM
Yep, I just submerge the jar in boiling water for ten minutes or so and then when its cooling and you hear the lid pop its sealed.

I only has the sugars from the peppers but since I added garlic and sweet peppers there’ll be a little more. I haven’t had any of it ferment any though so far, so it must not have much. Still it pays to get as much air as possible out of the jar and seal it up.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-14-2018, 02:06 PM
I may swap you some pear perserves iffn you'd like

If you’ll have your sweet wife send me another jor of those fig preserves I’ll swap you out a bottle or two. Those were larrupin’.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Last year, I put a little of that Pussy Sauce on Sandy's turnip greens, and she hasn't had a single tick or flea, this entire year !!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-14-2018, 02:12 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!

Thumper
11-14-2018, 03:24 PM
I think the last jar I had was from '07 or maybe '08! It didn't last long.

Trav
11-14-2018, 10:27 PM
Sign me up

quercus alba
11-14-2018, 11:24 PM
Posthole, you're a lucky man. When we moved we lost access to the figs but tonight by industrious wife found an old lady at church who is going to give her a few frozen figs. Don't know how much but it'll be enough for you to have some. Do you like Apricots? The apricot fig preserves is the best of all the flavors

BarryBobPosthole
11-15-2018, 08:57 AM
Hell to the yes!

BKB

Hombre
11-16-2018, 03:39 PM
I shouldn't but I'd sure like to try some. I tried some Habanero sauce this week in our Denver office, and frankly hot stuff doesn't agree with me anymore. It was about 20 minutes to the airport when I felt the tell-tale signs that shit was about to go south, that gut wrenching feeling of an alien trying to crawl out. I made it to security and decided there was no way I'd make it through. Quickly found a bathroom and frankly at this point didn't have time to go through the messing around with one of those ass gasket things. As I sat there letting go of lava I was relieved. So, I headed over through security and after that too the bar, the problem was round 2 was just kicking in. I had no choice, after ordering my drink, I left my luggage, my laptop and rushed across the hall to the bathroom. Again, not a great outcome......But, ya I'll give some a try.

quercus alba
11-16-2018, 04:34 PM
Looks like we have several 243 shooters in this crowd

Hombre
11-16-2018, 05:04 PM
QA you missed the part where I said I'm in

quercus alba
12-03-2018, 01:19 PM
Good news Posthole, My wife just made some fig preserves. I'll be shipping you out some in the very near future

BarryBobPosthole
12-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Wowsers!

BKB

jb
12-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Send one to Cliff, I seem to remember the last time he sampled some of your hot stuff.:fine

Captain
12-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Good news Posthole, My wife just made some fig preserves. I'll be shipping you out some in the very near future

Do not waste that manna from heaven on his burnt out palate. He scalds the taste buds off with that pepper crap he is always eating. Send that wonderful fig preserves to North Carolina where the real flavors can be appreciated!