PDA

View Full Version : Thump, queshun for ya.....

Big Muddy
11-17-2018, 09:04 AM
My best fishing buddy is selling his NAPA store.....he’s been collecting a LOT of old stuff for years, and is having a small private sale on the side.....he’s got some very old metal outboard gas cans for sale, and I remember you selling some a while back.....which ones are the most desired by collectors???
Thanks, bro.!!!

Thumper
11-17-2018, 10:07 AM
They're all good and condition is everything. Even the rough ones (if not all dented and banged up) are worth decent money as people restore them. (new decals are available)

The ones that usually bring the best money are the old 2-line pressure tanks.

Of course, the more rare or antique a tank is also determines value, but the pressure tanks are money in the bank for sure. The cleaner (straight, good paint and no rust inside) the better.

I grab every one I can get my hands on. Of course if it's beat all to shit, they're not worth it (to me) to deal with (initial cost, postage, eBay fees, PayPal fees, etc). But a direct sale would probably net some profit.

He won't get rich off 'em, but if he doesn't have a bunch of money tied up in them, they'll bring a nice little profit.

Example: These first two each brought $100 on eBay. (I usually pick them up for $5-$15)

10340 10339

And here are a couple clean ones. The first one went for $252.00 and the second one for $227 (with a few dents).

10341 10342

Big Muddy
11-17-2018, 11:38 AM
Most of his tanks are beat up pretty bad, but I just bought the oldest and best one of his bunch for his asking price of $5 bucks.....it's an old Mercury tank with the hoses and fittings, no rust inside, and still quite useable.

Thanks for the info., Thump !!!

Thumper
11-17-2018, 07:24 PM
You done good Muddy! :thumbsup