PDA

View Full Version : Quershun, real-time game cameras.....

Big Muddy
11-19-2018, 07:53 AM
I've seen some of the real-time game cameras advertised, but I know nothing about how they work, other than they transmit your pics and video, directly to your iphone.

They are not too pricey, and would save a lot of time, pulling out the SD cards, returning to re-install them, and down-loading the pics on your pc.....not to mention, having to unnecessarily disturb your hunting area.

Anyone have any knowledge about them???

Thanks!!!

DeputyDog
11-19-2018, 09:23 AM
I don’t have first hand experience, but I have responded to several trespassing complaints where the land owner was sent the photo on their phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
11-19-2018, 09:25 AM
That's another benefit of having one that I haven't even thought about.

Thanks, Ddog.

Thumper
11-19-2018, 10:15 AM
No experience with the game cams, but my buddy owns about 15 Subway stores and he can access every camera in each of his stores while sitting at his computer at home, or on his cell phone if out and about. I suppose it's the same principle. The same goes for some home security cameras, you can access them by cell phone also.

Arty
11-19-2018, 10:47 AM
I’ve got a friend in PA that has a couple. I was in a meeting with him and he got a notification on his phone that his camera 200 miles away had taken a pic, which is super neat if you ask me.
He said he pays a monthly fee ( like a data fee) for them. He also has his two cameras on a solar charger so he doesn’t have to worry about changing out batteries.
I THINK he said he pays $15 a month, and it sends up to 100 pics monthly. He could pay more, and up that amount.

There are several different brands and service packages out there (based on a quick google search)

quercus alba
11-19-2018, 12:10 PM
Don't any of you watch NCIS? They can remote access every security camera in the city in a matter of seconds. Just call up jethro Gibbs and he'll get McGee to explain it all to you

Trav
11-19-2018, 12:44 PM
I use the Spypoint link evo and aside from some firmware issues at first have been really happy with them. The only bad thing is you know real time what you are missing. This pic came in while I was 300 yards away in another stand.

Trav
11-19-2018, 12:47 PM
One thing a lot of folks complain about with them is picture quality but the software compressed the files when transmitting them so the image is great, not bad but just a little off. When you pull the actual SD card the quality is excellent.

Hombre
11-19-2018, 02:52 PM
Is that a ground blind in the back?

Thumper
11-19-2018, 03:00 PM
I use the Spypoint link evo and aside from some firmware issues at first have been really happy with them. The only bad thing is you know real time what you are missing. This pic came in while I was 300 yards away in another stand.

He’ll be a nice one in a year or two! ;)

Bwana
11-19-2018, 03:25 PM
That is a DANDY buck Trav.