PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Goodhunters!

BarryBobPosthole
11-22-2018, 09:41 AM

Arty
11-22-2018, 09:52 AM
Gobble gobble!!
Don’t eat too much!

airbud7
11-22-2018, 09:57 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Y'all

Thumper
11-22-2018, 10:44 AM
Happy T-day to all o’youse dufes!

P. S. That cartoon is sick! (Fits right in here!).

😉👍

BarryBobPosthole
11-22-2018, 10:46 AM
We were discussing beginnings on text this mornng. Best I can remember, I first found many of these reprobate Goodhunters at All Outdoors about 1996 or 1997. The ‘forum’ there was a very strange bulletin board format that more resembled free form word association than anything. It wasn’t moderated much at all in the beginning. Then they launched a real site and started trying to herd all these cats (pun intended) into a single topic. Ain’t gonna happen. Ain’t ever gonna happen.
So its been a long time, 21-22 years that we’ve put a word in almost every day to people all across two countries, and at times three countries.
So I guess I’m thankful for Goodhunting since it gave me the chance to meet and become fast friemds with some really good people. Axe murderers one and all, but pretty good people to a person.

I hopewe hear from Cheri today. And any others of the old clan.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-22-2018, 11:59 AM
Maybe Thump can look it up for me because I really don't have the exact date I came to this joint, but I'm thankful I did....I consider everyone here at GH to be my good friends.....awww heck, I'll just go ahead and say it, ya'll are really like my second family, and I am thankful for all of you dufes !!!

Have a blessed day !!!

Thumper
11-22-2018, 03:05 PM
I got a virtual T-giving card from Cheri this morning. She usually reads this joint, so she may drop in and say hello once she gets through the family gathering. I also got a message from Facebook reminding me to wish Bill Steils (Fido) a happy birthday. Kinda weird as we lost him May 15 of last year. :(

Muddy, those records vanished when we changed servers. I first started posting on All Outdoors in ‘95 or ‘96. I was uncomfortable with many there as it seemed “flame wars” could start at the drop of a hat. Then the moderation increased with the introduction of paying sponsors. You had to walk on eggshells after that for fear of being reprimanded or banned. That didn’t fare so well with some of us degenerates and a few of us were subsequently banned. Gary (Archer) had a new site (Good Hunting) up and running in a matter of hours. We’re still here, All Outdoors has been defunct for many years. Who’da thunk It?

The first person I met personally was Cappy. Number 2 was Booger, then Gator. I’ve met so many now I’ve lost count. It’s been a great ride and some great friendships have been made.

johnboy
11-22-2018, 03:17 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all my southern neighbours (neighbors, I guess)! Hope everyone is where they need to be, safe and sound.

Penguin
11-22-2018, 03:39 PM
Happy thanksgiving folks. This place is unique on the internet. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

Will

jb
11-22-2018, 04:07 PM
All Outdoors was headquartered out of my home town, we even had some of our students working there on co-op.
I wasn't on there very long before it started to fall apart with the moderators (Allison ?)
Anyway, there were two sites the spun off, this one and another, (??) we'd go back and forth with posters.
Sure were some characters that were around back then, who was the guy who could not spell cat correct ?
Anyway, I miss some of them, Helen was on here a long time, she grew up not far from me and we hung out at some of the same places, Cliff was always fun and I remember the time he and his wife stopped by and I took the salmon fishing out on Lake Mich., then followed up a few years later over Thanksgiving and visited them at his wife parents house in Iowa and did some pheasant hunts.
Met quiet a few of the people here, but Cappy was the first one, met him back when Hammerhead was in preschool, now he's grown with a family. Posthole and Trav met us in MO at the Great Cedar Lodge, and spent some great hunting with Sky in Montana 3 different times.
Anyway, headed to #3 for dinner in an hour, and wish all of you a prosperous Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays.

Big Muddy
11-22-2018, 06:01 PM
I got on board here, immediately after the All Outdoors fallout....I remember some guy (Thump), getting about ready to scalp some lady over there, and he was making pretty good sense, and I thought to myself, “Day’um, I like this guy”.....been here since, whatever year that was.

Captain
11-22-2018, 09:08 PM

Thumper
11-22-2018, 09:31 PM
1) I wasn't on there very long before it started to fall apart with the moderators (Allison ?)

2) Anyway, there were two sites the spun off, this one and another, (??) we'd go back and forth with posters.

3) Sure were some characters that were around back then, who was the guy who could not spell cat correct ?

1) Yep, that was Alison (one "L"). She married a chef just before the A/O demise.

2) The other site was Mauserman's site (his adopted son set it up). Good Hunting was busy during the day and we'd all shift over to Mauserman's place at night. Mauserman ended up selling his site and we all stuck with G/H.

3) That would have been Jeff .... Gabby's husband before she ran off with the dentist from Nebraska (Eric Remington). Gabby left her hubby, ER left his wife and they both rode off into the sunset on ER's motorcycle. :D

Captain
11-22-2018, 09:39 PM
I’ve met a pile of you goobers from the site. The first was Kribbs. We were at our St Augustine house and he came over and stayed a day or two.
I remember meeting JB and his pretty wife many years ago too.
Got to hunt and fish with a bunch of you fellers.
I think the “Best Handloads for Cats” was the thread that finally got us all kicked off AO!

Thumper
11-22-2018, 09:53 PM
I think the “Best Handloads for Cats” was the thread that finally got us all kicked off AO!

I think you're right Cappy. I had a post about "poopy pants" or some such silliness and everyone who jumped onto the thread got severely reprimanded by Alison (per orders from her boss) and the thread was deleted. THEN, the "Best Handloads for Cats" thread hit (started by Gus I believe) and that was the last straw. We were kindly asked to go elsewhere and stay the "F" away from A/O. ;)

I remember just starting up, we needed membership because nobody knew where we went. I'd go over to A/O to start some shit and get a flame war going to see if I could get anybody to follow me over to G/H, then smooth things over. Alison kept busting me and I'd have to sneak back in. That's what I did when I started the "road hunter" b/s with ... well, B/S! He ended up over here, followed by Cornholio and a host of others. They all came over to ride my ass pretty hard and I didn't think I'd EVER get Big Sky to calm down. He was hot as a firecracker! FINALLY I explained what was going on and once I got him to believe me, welcomed him to the site and in short order, he eventually became a fellow degenerate! :D

Since that day, I've visited with him in Montana and even have one of his art pieces hanging in my office. After the rough start, I'd have to say he's probably the nicest road-hunter I've ever met! ;)

Captain
11-23-2018, 07:16 AM
He is indeed! I’ve even “road hunted” with him. I rode all the way out there! JB went with me and that was a great trip!
Of course JB driving my suburban right on the edge of some cliff just to mess with me we could have skipped that part.
To be a buncha Deplorables, We have made some good friendships on this site.

Sunshine
11-23-2018, 07:38 AM
Well I might be late, but at least I showed up!

Cooked a 20lb. turkey with the fixings.
Kids and grandkids showed up, while hubby made the trip back to Wisconsin.
His mom is getting up there in age, and we felt he needed to go back and see her and family.

I’ve met a bunch of you axe murders, and never feared for my life.
Think I wandered into here, after you all left the first site, back in 1997.

I miss Mauserman, WildThang, Gator and others.
Met Capt, Thump, Gator, WildThang and a few others.

When I first wandered in, you all thought I was Helen, using a different name.
Took me forever to get you all to realize I was not Helen.

Anyway, my big news is I traded my ranger in.
I have me a brand new 2018 F-250 Diesel XLT Super Duty KingCab 4x4!!!
Maybe Capt or Thump can post the picture of my new "Truck"!
I guess maybe now I gots me a “Real Truck”! Lol

We have been real busy, at the property.
Still have lot’s of deers, 2 bears, counted 59 turkeys one day, cougar still around and lots of coyotes.
Had 4 nice bucks! Lost one to highway kill. :(
Neighbor (woman) had to put it down, after it was hit by a truck, by highway entrance.

I’m looking into a rifle, because I’m going to have to reduce the coyote population.
Hate having to do that, but I’ve got too many now.

Paid off the property and in the process of purchasing 5 acres that butt up against our west boundary line.

Anyways, Happy Belated Thanksgiving Wishes to all of you!

Thumper
11-23-2018, 08:23 AM
G’morning Sunshine. You first dropped in late one night. TW and I were the only ones around and we chatted all night. Once you started checking in regularly, many thought you were Mule Writer (not Helen) posing as someone else. It took TW and me a heck of a long time to convince everyone you were legit!

Oh yeah, here's that pic of your new wheels. Nice!

Chicken Dinner
11-23-2018, 09:41 AM
That’s a lot to be thankful for Sunny! How are the pups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-23-2018, 10:08 AM
Happy Turkey day Sunshine! Its good to hear you’re doing fine! Give Lamont an extra dollop of turkeygravy for me!

BKB

Sunshine
11-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Thanks for posting the pic. Your right. It was Mule Writer. Forgot!!

Pups are doing well. Have not done any agility for over a year.
Had health issues, Tig ( youngest one) almost died of pneumonia.
That’s was a $4,000 to save him. And I also just had minor surgery, so agility was out this year.
I’m hoping to get back to it in the spring.
Tig is only 6 Qs away from his Championship Title.

What time I did have was mostly spent at the property.

We did fine a little time for walleye fishing though.

And you are correct. I have a lot to be thankful for!

I daily thank the good lord for it.

Captain
11-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Sunny, if you are looking for a new rifle for coyotes I hear that 243 is a good one....

Thumper
11-23-2018, 01:33 PM
Once he was hit, how far did you have to chase him with the 4-wheeler? Why don’t you just hunt with something big enough to put them down instantly?

Chicken Dinner
11-23-2018, 01:40 PM
Better ask RT. I hear he’s “sensitive” to recoil...

Sunshine
11-23-2018, 01:40 PM
Lets see if I can figure this out again!

Here's another picture of the truck, and me! It came with a roll cover over the bed. Nice hard cover but might remove it and put a matching color topper on the back

Here's the pups after coming in from fishing

Captain
11-23-2018, 01:54 PM
Better ask RT. I hear he’s “sensitive” to recoil...

So THATS who it is.... I knew someone here was light in the loafers but could not remember who it was.
Thanks CD

Thumper
11-23-2018, 02:21 PM
Sunny, if you’re asking for suggestions to help with that coyote problem, I guess you’ll have to settle for a girly gun. Maybe a .243 for starters, then maybe work your way up to a big girls gun from there. 😉

Captain
11-23-2018, 03:12 PM
Oh snap....

Arty
11-23-2018, 03:46 PM
Bite me

BarryBobPosthole
11-23-2018, 03:50 PM
RT is still trying to figure out which of his lady parts would get stuck under CheriWa’s fifth wheel.

BKB

jb
11-23-2018, 08:41 PM
AR in 223 is all you ever need for yotes.
Besides, you can shoot at them 30 times if needed. :fine

Captain
11-24-2018, 05:13 PM
Artys bought a new gun...

Arty
11-24-2018, 05:49 PM
It has a pattern that will cover the side of a Penske truck at 15 yards.

BarryBobPosthole
11-24-2018, 06:22 PM
Now that is a trench broom.

BKB

quercus alba
11-24-2018, 06:55 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RJhuieEgsSg