PDA

View Full Version : CFB week 13

quercus alba
11-23-2018, 12:47 PM
Sorry about the late start, lots of important games this weekend.

1) Nebraska @ Iowa Scott Frost and the Cornholers have a lot to prove, but so does Iowa who has had kind of a disappointing season. I really wouldn't be surprised if Nebraska wins but I'm gonna say Iowa in a close one

2) Arkansas @ Missouri And Chad Morris shall lead them as hogs to the slaughter. With a blowout more certain than death and taxes, Morris will either give the underclassmen a shot or he's not the man for job. What am I saying?!!!! He was never the man for the job

3) UCF @ USF Somebody is gonna get blown out, I'll let you guess who

4) Oklahoma @ WVU Smart money says the Sooners. I agree

5) Washington @ Washington st I'm rooting for the huskies, if the cougs lose maybe I won't feel so about us missing out on The Pirate

6) Michigan @ Ohio St We have an upset. Ohio St thrashes Khaki boy. I'm basing this strictly on the fact that I absolutely despise everything Ohio st. They win just to spite me and slide into that fourth spot

7) Georgia Tech @ Georgia Georgia absolutely positively must have this game. I feel tech will give them a scare. I hope the Wreck beats them because I want an 8 team playoff

8) Syracuse @ BC the Orange lose their second in a row. They'll lose their bowl game too

9) Baylor @ Ttech at 5-6, both teams need a win for a bowl game. Don't be surprised if Babblist high wins. I hated Baylor EVEN before the Dave Bliss episode

10) Purdue @ indiana Purdue can't win at home it seems but not on the road this week either. Hoosiers by 10

11) NC St @ NC BTW NC doesn't mean National Champions. State should win it but Rivalry week is where favorites go to die

12) Wake forest @ Duke This game has possibilities but Dook should come out on top

13) Auburn @ Alabam The Tide has a chance to make a real statement here But the Tigers/War Eagles will bring their best. Hard fought game but Bama wins

14) South Carolina @ Clempson I hope the Tigers strap about 900 pints in Muschump and company

15) Kentucky @ Louisville This ain't fun anymore. Kentucky by a bunch and maybe somewhere, somebody will step on Petrino's face

16) LSU @ A&M Upset Special. My hatred for the Aggies will spur them on to victory over the Corndogs

17) Notre Dame @ USC Oh how I miss the days where the Condoms used to pummel the Irish on a regular basis. Not happening today, Irish can name their score

There are many games this weekend that are important regionally and for bowl implications but I haven't kept up with it that close this season, so I'm just advising that you fix up a turkey/ham sandwich and turn on the TV

Chicken Dinner
11-23-2018, 01:44 PM
My money is on Miss State over Ol’ Miss. [emoji6]You’re also just been ng hateful picking Carolina. The Wolfpack is something like a 7 point favorite and I can’t even remember the last time we lost to those peter puffers in Chapel Hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
11-23-2018, 02:30 PM
I thought about picking Starkvegas over Oxfart but I figured it was such a gimme that it'd be a waste of bandwidth. The fact that it was played last night didn't factor in at all

BarryBobPosthole
11-23-2018, 03:54 PM
I’m picking the Hogs to beat Mizzou. I’m also picking USC to beat the domers. I’d love to pick the Ramblin Wreck to win but they just don’t have the studs to hang.

BKB

quercus alba
11-24-2018, 11:17 PM
If clempson plays this kind of defense against Bama it'll be a short shrift for them.

Chicken Dinner
11-25-2018, 07:46 AM
Damn, A&M beat LSU 74-72 in 7 overtimes. They probably won’t score that much when they play a n basketball.

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2018, 10:06 AM
Gotta love those SEC defenses!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-25-2018, 10:17 AM
Gotta love those SEC defenses!

BKB

Proof that OT stats shouldn’t count. Whoever ends up on top should get one point.

Big Muddy
11-25-2018, 10:22 AM
HA, my wife even stayed up with me, and we watched the whole day'um thing.....the best moment of the entire game was when the corndogs "thought" they had won the game, and dumped the Gatorade bucket on Orgeron's big ole coonass head.....he walked the sidelines, dripping wet, during the entire 7 OT's. ;)

quercus alba
11-25-2018, 10:34 AM
LSU got screwed like a two dollar whore. Whoever is in the replay booth needs to be spayed where they can't reproduce. The SEC must go down in Froggy Bottom and pick up some of the local winos and crackheads before the game as refs and pay them with a gallon of Thunderbird. In the hoops game against UTA friday they called 65 fouls.

they had to work hard to get A&M the win last night

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2018, 10:43 AM
Proof that OT stats shouldn’t count. Whoever ends up on top should get one point.

Yes 31-31 is a monumental defensive donneybrook.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-25-2018, 10:49 AM
Yes 31-31 is a monumental defensive donneybrook.

BKB

Barely even a half for a couple of Big 12 defenses...

Big Muddy
11-25-2018, 11:43 AM
HA, QA, whatever it takes to send the corndogs packing, I'm all for it !!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2018, 11:44 AM
I’m just making fun of the all of a sudden campaign by ESPN to consider a team’s performance in one phase of a game above wins, losses, and conference championships. And its all to build an advance case to have two sec teams inthe four team playoff. Plain and simple. I watch a lot of college football and it is talked about on every espn broadcast. Its an agenda. They were even building a case against tOSU based on their ‘poor defense’ until they beat the brakes off of the number one defense in the country.

I guess that means there is only one acceptable formula in college football for winning.

And ESPN needs to be boycotted.

BKb

Chicken Dinner
11-25-2018, 12:13 PM
ESPN’s level of cross promotion would shame anyone with a conscience.

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2018, 12:32 PM
247Sports, which is no great model of sports journalism itself, did a public poll earlier this year and 81% of those who answered said there was blatant SEC bias at ESPN.

That takes away none of the greatness of the SEC, by the way. They do have an awesome collection of teams. But they shouldn’t be advantaged by those assholes at espn either.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-25-2018, 01:30 PM
It’ll be interesting to see if the ACC starts getting the same kind of love when the new ESPN controlled network starts next year.

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2018, 01:52 PM
I predict Paul Finnenbaum will become Dabo Sweeny’s number one fan.

BKB

LJ3
11-26-2018, 11:06 AM
My girlfriend is a die hard Michigan fan. There was much profanity during that game. Much. Like way a lot. I was embarrassed quite frankly. I mean, who even talks like that?

DeputyDog
11-27-2018, 12:51 AM
The best part of Purdue beating IU, in addition to winning the Old Oaken Bucket again, for the second straight year, the loss made it so that IU isn’t bowl eligible.

How long will the Michigan fan base and trustees keep khaki boy around when he absolutely cannot beat Ohio State?

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2018, 09:29 AM
And in the leadup to championship weekend, Texas felt like it needed some advice so they hired the fired Kansas coach (6-42) to help them.

BKB

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-herman-asked-ex-kansas-coach-david-beaty-help-playing-oklahoma-215504715.html

quercus alba
11-27-2018, 10:19 AM
He wants to figure out how they scored 32 on the Sooners

quercus alba
11-29-2018, 02:14 PM
Seasons thoughts:

1) I've come to the conclusion that year in and year out, you've got about 8 teams with a legitimate shot at the playoffs with maybe 3 having a shot at winning it all. As long as Saban is at Bama, Sweeny at Clempson, Smart at Georgia and Myers at OSU they're always going to be in the conversation as your 1A teams. Your 1B teams are Sooners, Michigan, Washigton, Notre Dame, and LSU. Everybody else is interchangeable from year to year. Which begs the question, WHY? Is it talent? Is it coaching? is it money? yes, yes and yes. Think about it, Big money buys the best coaches, best facilities and best players. College football is a money making machine and the old cliche is true, if you ain't cheating you ain't trying. And you ain't winning neither.

2) Why has Texas A&M suddenly become the media darling? They've never been nothing, won't ever be nothing and Jimbo Fisher isn't going to change that. And they have gay, er I mean guy cheerleaders

3) Murray deserves the Heisman hands down. Tua is remarkable but he's got a lot more tools to work with. There's not another QB in the nation who could get under center for the sooners and be 11-1. Oh yeah. Go Sooners, roll over the Longhorns and leave Urban mad and crying to the media

4) We need to do away with all conference championships and go to an eight team playoff.

5) Get rid of the four game redshirt rule. You sit out for a year when you transfer unless it's a hardship transfer. Btw, I'm channeling my inner Bear Bryant

more later, work beckons

Chicken Dinner
11-29-2018, 02:18 PM
On 5), you get an automatic hardship transfer if your coach quits, gets fired or dies. The only restriction is that you can’t go to the same school he does without sitting out a year.

BarryBobPosthole
11-29-2018, 06:06 PM
Its interesting you say that about transfers. The Oregon softball coach, Mike White, recently left to go to Texass. Now three starters off of his PAC12 champions are transferring to Texas and its my understanding all three will be immediately eligible.

Weird huh? I think the Ducks are kinda pissed.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-29-2018, 07:38 PM
Speaking of coaches leaving, I was very happy to see Jeff Brohm say he was staying at Purdue because as he said, “ I believe it is important to finish the building process we have begun and honor the commitment I made to our football program, players, and recruits. “.

BarryBobPosthole
11-29-2018, 07:57 PM
I thought it was a breath of fresh air when I read that he turned down Louisville. Louisville still has some stink in the air. Like one of those office chairs that you can Febreze the dog out of and it still smells like ass.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-29-2018, 08:02 PM
Either he really has principles, or the situation there is absolutely terrible.

It had to be a hard decision for him. He went to high school in Louisville, played QB for them in college, as did his brother and father, and he got his first coaching job there too.

BarryBobPosthole
11-29-2018, 08:16 PM
After Lyin Bobby Petrino’s big payday, $14 million I think, I can’t see how Louisville can afford a new coach. They need to promote the next guy in line. Everybody move up one!

BKb

quercus alba
11-29-2018, 09:24 PM
Season's thoughts continued:

The hardship transfer is kind of a tricky question. Arkansas had a running back several years ago named Brodrick Green who went to USC. His grandmother who was raising his sister was diagnosed with cancer so he petitioned for a hardship transfer and liked to never got the NCAA on board. However, if your coach leaves for another job then by all means let's ok a transfer. Personally, I'm all for disbanding the NCAA and putting Posthole in charge for some common sense rules.

6) I hate the RPO. I think we're going to have to start a farm league to prepare these guys for the NFL. You've got quarterbacks that can't throw the ball down the field or read a defense. One read then tuck it and run. Concrete Cholly knew how to stop that little slant over the middlle too....ask Frank Gifford about it. Yeah, I know I'm a curmudgeon but I hated the west coast offense too.

7) While I'm on my soapbox, let's bitch about the targeting rule and formation penalties. If they can build a helmet that protects a driver doing 200 mph then they can build a helmet to protect college kids. Rather than ejecting kids for playing a game, put the burden on the equipment companies. As far as formation penalties go, if you have 11 men on your side it shouldn't matter where they line up. let the coaches use a little creativity and maybe we wouldn't need that gimmicky RPO. They're just like our government trying to legislate us to death

did I mention I'm all for disbanding the NCAA and putting Posthole in charge for some common sense rules?

In spite of all that's wrong with CFB, it's still the greatest sport there is................until March Madness gets here

Chicken Dinner
11-29-2018, 10:23 PM
Totally agree on the formation penalties.

DeputyDog
11-30-2018, 12:57 AM
Here’s a really good article about Brohm and his thinking in choosing to stay at Purdue rather than go home to Louisville.

https://amp.jconline.com/amp/2147331002