PDA

View Full Version : Antivaxers

BarryBobPosthole
11-30-2018, 12:09 PM
Measles are making a comeback 14 years after the disease wasvirtually eliminated. Diptheria, of all things, is breaking out again.

I personally know a antivaxer who steadfastly draws a line at vaccinating her kids, but when her dog had puppies she wanted to sell, those dogs got shots in a hurry. Mainly because the last litter was wiped out by parvo because she didn’t vaccinate.

I’m all about personal freedoms and I think we go way over the line criminalizing behaviors that are basically personal choices.

But when do we start to applying consequences for a personal action? The guy who started the big fire out west was ordered to repay $8 million in damages. Is an antivaxer a serial killer if their choice results in several deaths as a consequence? And why don’t insurance companies charge more to cover unvaccinated individuals for the diseases they could potentially get? Who pays for the treatment of those infected?

Something is going to have to be done. Its not getting done at a state level either. It will be ome an issue when it touches people personally.

BKB

Thumper
11-30-2018, 12:27 PM
Slap one of these bad boys on their door and let 'em stay home. Just add the word "possible" between Quarantine and Contagious.

Chicken Dinner
11-30-2018, 12:29 PM
I’ve seen some reports here locally where pediatric medical practices have refused to accept anti-vaxers as patients. It’s good to see the market respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
11-30-2018, 12:39 PM
Speaking of antivaxers ... polio is now spreading through the Middle East due to the fact Taliban factions have forbidden vaccinations. It started spreading rapidly through Pakistan and has now moved outside the borders and has hit Syria fairly heavily lately. It's been reported in 5-6 other countries in the area now. Ridiculous in this day and age.

DeputyDog
11-30-2018, 01:44 PM
We have the occasional measles outbreak but they are mostly contained in the Amish population. With the resurgence of diphtheria, my wife and I both had to get boosters when my son was a baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk