PDA

View Full Version : Related But Not Really

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Someone mentioned 'dirty ammo' in another thread. Made me think of an old High Standard 22 semi auto I got for my 12th birthday. I saved up my money and put a scope on and I was one deadly squirrel hunter. I loved that gun but it shot 'dirty'. It didn't do it often but once in a whileyou'd get some sort of blowback when you shot but I never figured out if it was gun or the bullets I shot. Federal and Remington were about the only brands I could get in those days and it didn't seem to make a difference. I have rubbed that shit out my eye more than once. The first time I went to see my current eye doctor, she did some kind of exam andtold me I had a hole in my eyeball. Rightwhere the color meets the white. She sent me to my regular doc and he said it was nothing. Likely an old injury or genetic. I know it was from shooting that old 22. I don't have it any more, likely if I did I wouldn't shoot it.
It sure was a tack driver though. And a pretty gun too.

BKB

Bwana
01-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Not sure why you didn't make this post over on Arty's original? It's a hell of alot more relevant to the original post then the ones where someone asks for assistance in mounting a scope and Thumper starts telling stories about how he mistakenly mounted a rabid mountain donkey while on a 3 day binge with Lee Marvin and Eric Estrada.

BarryBobPosthole
01-28-2013, 12:12 PM
That was a mule, not a donkey! and wasn't that Bill Shatner and Ken Curtis?
BKB