PDA

View Full Version : Booze for Christmas ?

jb
12-24-2018, 01:58 PM
Back in the 70's when I taught school, ( 11th & 12th grade) and the drinking age was dropped down to 18, I'd end up with about a half dozen 5th's and two home made German Chocolate Cakes by the end of the day (half from my morning students and half from the afternoon class) girls new how much I loved that cake, boy's just assumed I drank. :thumbsup
Wonder how much trouble a student would get into today carrying a 5th in school ?
Truth be known, I drank my entire life's allocated booze in High School and College and pretty much gave it up when I got married.
Fast forward to today, I keep a six pack in the ref. for the boys, usually some sort of Craft Ale with some weird name, a bottle of Jim Beam , (like those initials ) which is over a year old, and some wine my wife likes. ( can't stand the stuff, although at one time I was quiet the connoisseur of the good stuff like Boons Farm, Annie Green Springs, Ripple and Mad Dog 20/20 .
But I still have one favorite and go through a bottle about every two months, and usually get a bottle for my Birthday next week from the boys.
Baileys Irish Cream is my down fall, add to my coffee in the AM, over ice cream at night or just over the rocks on a quiet evening.
So, hope you get what you like, and enjoy it with family and friends.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

johnboy
12-24-2018, 02:19 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too!

quercus alba
12-24-2018, 02:36 PM
I quit cold turkey Halloween night 1978. However, I'm not a reformer, if a man wants to drink just keep it off the road. Being diabetic I don't even drink sweet tea anymore. Milk has too many carbs and fruit juices are taboo. I'm a strict teetotaler and my intake is limited to ice water and Diet Mt Dew.

drink responsibly this holiday my homies

Chicken Dinner
12-24-2018, 03:03 PM
I definitely drank (and smoked) my share and then some in my teens and 20’s. I still enjoy a cocktail, but rarely more than 1-2 in a sitting unless I’m at hunt camp (only when the guns are put away for the day) or otherwise away from any my responsibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arty
12-24-2018, 06:18 PM
Bailey’s is a Christmas tradition in our house. I love it with coffee, but only have it this time of year.

BarryBobPosthole
12-24-2018, 06:36 PM
I was a fairly heavy drinker most of my adult life. By that I mean not many weeks went by that didn’t have a night or so of drinking. I alwYs liked it for the social aspect I suppose the most. Somewhere in my 50’s I decided to slow my ass down, flopped my liver over on its good side, and now I have a week long bender in Canada once a year and drink a little rum on vacation. Right now I’m enjoying a London Mule. And I think after this one I’ll have another.,

Mazeltov!

BKB

Arty
12-24-2018, 06:41 PM
The other 51 weeks of the year I drink beer.
A lot of beer.

LJ3
12-24-2018, 06:42 PM
Well crap. Now I need a drink! Sierra Nevada celebration ale. Good stuff!

airbud7
12-24-2018, 07:08 PM
Merry Christmas Y'all

Trav
12-24-2018, 08:51 PM
I pretty much have a maybe a couple drinks or beers a month with the exception of hunting or fishing trips 4 times a year where I will have 3 or 4 a night.

Baily’s Is also a Christmas tradition in my family, at the end of the night we all have one final toast with a glass of Bailey’s.