PDA

View Full Version : CFB Championship Game

quercus alba
01-03-2019, 02:51 PM
Well, it's down to you and it's down to me. While I'm not a "professional" analyst, I've come to far to turn back now. Besides, Surely i can do as well as Desmond Howard

Bama:

Strengths: Running backs, Quarterback and wide recievers.
Weaknesses: Everything else, at least in comparison to their strengths.

Bama's offensive line while full of big talented young men hasn't been as dominant as years past. They simply haven't blown people off the line in short yardage situations as they normally do. Tight end has been virtually non existent in the passing game. The back seven has been burned with regularity this season. The front four has at times been unable to put significant pressure on qb's to disrupt his timing which is very un-alabama like.

LSU, Arkansas, Miss st, Ole miss, and Auburn are not necessarily good measuring sticks for the Bama defense. Even tho their defense is very good, it's not great and it may need to be against Clemson.

Tua may be the best college QB I've even seen at making reads and getting rid of the ball quickly. But he has a weakness.

Clemson:

Strengths: Defensive line, QB, running backs

Weaknesses: Clemson's biggest weakness is the fact that they're good at every position but not great at any. They play as a unit and that covers up individual flaws. They simply don't have that one player on either side of the line that can put the team on his back and say "Let's go".

Both have coaches that can adapt on the fly and prepare their teams well. Clemson is probably a little more disciplined, Bama a little more talented.

My Take:

If I'm Dabo, I pinch my linebackers in and squeeze the slot backs to take away that quick slant which is Tua's bread and butter. It'll also help some added run support between the tackles. I'd make Bama beat me long. Tua seems to lack a little arm strength on the deep throws as some of his passes seem to hang a little bit.

On Offense, I'd challenge Bama on some deep crossing routes and try to get some man coverage. Bama has given up a ton of deep balls this year. I'd give my Qb some leeway to change a play too. Bama has been susceptible to a screen on their corner blitz packages.

If I'm Saban, I'd work up some packages for Jalen Hurts. Passing packages. It looks like Dan Enos has done a good job improving Hurts accuracy, when he's in Clemson is going to play him to scramble so let him pass.

Clemson's QB is tall and gangly with a long throwing motion like a baseball pitcher. You've got to get some quick pressure on him. I'd use my back seven on various stunts and blitz schemes and trust my front four to stop Etienne. Bamaa's Dline is much more effective stopping the run than pressuring the QB

Final Analysis: Bama is deeper and more talented at every position especially the second tier. This does not guarantee an Alabama win. My head says Bama but my heart says Clemson. I could see a nail biter or a blow out. Either way. If I'm forced to go out on a limb I'd say 31-21 Bama.

Either way I think it'll be a great game

Chicken Dinner
01-03-2019, 05:19 PM
I don’t know much about either team other than they are clearly the best two teams in college football. They have been all year. I missed the games last weekend as I was at hunt camp and I’m looking forward to watching this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
01-04-2019, 09:52 AM
What about the NDSU Bison vs Eastern Washington on Saturday?

Geez, don't you know REAL football?!? ;-)

Chicken Dinner
01-04-2019, 12:41 PM
I’ll definitely try to catch some of that one Bwana.! NDSU has really been a dynasty the past few years. Is Klieman coaching through the playoffs before heading off to K State?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
01-04-2019, 12:51 PM
I will catch the Bisons game if I can and will be pulling for the Nodaks!

We likely won’t be watching the CFP championship. Just no interest in that love fest.

BKB

Bwana
01-04-2019, 03:04 PM
Yes, Klieman will see his team through this last game before moving on to K State where he will make a wee bit more coin.

BarryBobPosthole
01-04-2019, 03:41 PM
With Crazy Les at Kansas and Klieman at K State, maybe the northern part of the big 12 will competitive!

BKB