PDA

View Full Version : Oak Island

johnboy
01-23-2019, 03:27 PM
Anybody else watching the Mystery of Oak Island series on the tube? I've been interested in this place since I was a kid and have been following the show since it started. Pretty slow but they are actually finding some pretty cool stuff now after spending what must be millions of $$ in the various digs and seismic tests. Getting very interesting.

Anyway, if you haven't been following, jump in now. I think they might be close to something big.

BarryBobPosthole
01-23-2019, 04:23 PM
I watched a marathon of the show one weekend and lost interest because of all the fiddle-farting around those guys did. I thought they’d given up and moved on to some other treasure legend inMichigan.

keep us posted!

BKB

Thumper
01-23-2019, 05:58 PM
I’m with you Johnboy. I’ve seen every episode since day one. It’s one of the few shows I watch religiously. Street Outlaws is another one.

HideHunter
01-24-2019, 03:08 PM
Wife is a fan and I watch it occasionally.. Like you , johnboy.. I've been aware of the place a long time.. Better than most of the crap on TV..

johnboy
01-24-2019, 03:16 PM
I think the best find to date was the Roman pilum point, if that's what it really is. Now thay are digging out the wooden structure in the bay that has Roman numerals carved into the logs. Roman? WTF were the Romans doing on Oak Island? Verrry interesting!

BarryBobPosthole
01-24-2019, 03:19 PM
They were freezing their beignets off if they were wearing those little short skirts they liked.

BKB

quercus alba
01-24-2019, 05:23 PM
I'm wondering how much is staged, after all it is a reality show

Penguin
01-24-2019, 05:24 PM
I had the same reaction Posty did. And I ~wanted~ to like the show.

Ancient legends. Archaeological mysteries. Haunting and beautiful setting. Hell, Clive Cussler even started one of his books there. I REALLY wanted to like it. But after an episode I just never tuned in again.

Maybe I should pick it up again.

Will

jb
01-24-2019, 07:45 PM
All the main characters are from my home town, it's a small town and see them around often.
What you see happen in the one, one hour show may take a week in real time to do.
What they have found has changed some history of Nova Scotia, they are spending some serious $$ on this, but a lot of the funding is now coming from the Canadian Gov. as well as the History Channel.
It is a reality show,not fond of the background narrative where every thing ends as a question, but from what I know, nothing is staged.

BarryBobPosthole
01-24-2019, 08:43 PM
I think when I watched it, it was on A&E.

BKB

Thumper
01-24-2019, 10:31 PM
Yep, I watch it on A&E.

Big Skyz
01-25-2019, 11:21 AM
I binged watched it for a few days, but it just didn't keep my attention after a while.

jb
01-25-2019, 11:43 AM
Just checked, up here it's on The History Channel

johnboy
01-25-2019, 12:08 PM
The progress is slow so they do a lot of back filling to fill air time but they are making interesting progress in finding out what actually happened there and something happened there. Look at it as an archeological dig and not a treasure hunt. Anyway, sure hope they find something significant or I'll be royally pissed.

BarryBobPosthole
01-25-2019, 12:11 PM
The progress is slow so they do a lot of back filling to fill air time but they are making interesting progress in finding out what actually happened there and something happened there. Look at it as an archeological dig and not a treasure hunt. Anyway, sure hope they find something significant or I'll be royally pissed.

= fiddle farting around.

johnboy
01-25-2019, 03:12 PM
Çurmudgeon.