PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Printing Fool

Buckrub
01-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Great Googly Moogly. From the Outhouse to the Penthouse!

I took my Kodak Printer back to Best Buy and tried to cram it down their throat. Yeah, right. Less than a year old, and a total POC. Plus, Kodak is out of business and I'm tired of talking to Indians who want remote access to my computer to do who knows what, and even that won't fix it. 20 hours is enough. Finally I got it to print, and the print heads go out! I aligned, fixed, did maintenance, etc......only to be told "Sorry, those are notoriously bad".

So I ate my mistake, and got a HP Photosmart 7520. I didn't pay nuthin' much though. Using my ATM/Debit card at the bank racks up "points". I had a zillion so I ordered a bunch of Best Buy $25 gift cards. So after I finished chewin' on 'em, I bought the above new one.

Today I got it installed, in no time. Got both mine and wife's laptops working with it. Fifty times easier setup than the Kodak. OH, and it also prints pictures from SD cards, from a picture on my C: drive, OR FROM MY CELL PHONE! WOO HOO. Dang printer has an email address and I just printed a pic from my cell phone picture gallery!! Bam, nothing to it.

Finally!!!!

Thumper
01-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Ever since my very first computer ... the ONLY printers I've ever owned have been HP. I've never had one go bad ... they'd simply get out-dated. The one I used for my business did all the monthly invoicing as well as printed flyers, etc. That's in addition to all my personal stuff AND Lynn's. That thing must have printed elebenty-bazillion pages before I finally retired it. The one I have now is also getting quite a work-out as I use it to print all my labels, etc. for my e-Bay sales ... plus all the personal stuff. Personally, I've never seen a reason to try any other brand.

Buckrub
01-28-2013, 05:56 PM
And from now on, me neither!

Sunshine
01-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Uh oh Bucky getting computer printer knowledge!!!! Yikes!!! The end is near.... the end is near!!!!

Just kidding!! I'm glad you finally have a good printer.

I have an HP too, and it's very old.
Just keeps a plugging along!!! :D

Arty
01-28-2013, 08:40 PM
You'll have another by friday