PDA

View Full Version : Day'um, and Kelly Bryant just transferred to Mizzou.....

Big Muddy
01-31-2019, 03:02 PM
"""As a result of an NCAA academic violation, Missouri football is banned from the postseason for 2019 and 2020, according to an announcement made Thursday afternoon.

The punishment is part of the penalties laid upon the Missouri athletic department after it was found that a Former Missouri tutor completed coursework for 12 student-athletes.

“A former University of Missouri, Columbia, tutor violated NCAA ethical conduct, academic misconduct and academic extra benefits rules when she completed academic work for 12 student-athletes, according to a Division I Committee on Infractions panel,” the NCAA stated. “Although the tutor said she felt pressure to ensure student-athletes passed courses, according to the committee’s report, the investigation did not support that her colleagues directed her to complete the student-athletes’ work."

The football postseason ban is part of the penalty. Other penalties against Missouri include a three-year probation, postseason bans for softball and baseball, a 5 percent scholarship reduction next year and “a vacation of records in which football, baseball and softball student-athletes competed while ineligible.”

The penalty comes after Missouri football put forward a strong 8-5 season under coach Barry Odom. It was the second-consecutive bowl appearance for Missouri, which will not be eligible to go for a third next season if the penalties hold.

It is tough news for Missouri players, including graduate transfer Kelly Bryant. Bryant left Clemson after losing the job to Trevor Lawrence and selected Missouri and the chance to replace Drew Lock as his transfer destination. Bryant was eligible to transfer without penalty because of his graduation at Clemson. A player is only eligible once to graduate-transfer without penalty."""

BarryBobPosthole
01-31-2019, 06:05 PM
If it wasn’t for bad luck, that boy wouldn’t have any luck at all.

If the investigation was kept from him when he transferred I’d say he has a pretty good hardship case to take to the NCAA.

BKB

quercus alba
01-31-2019, 06:22 PM
13 touchdowns with 8 interceptions isn't bad luck, it's bad quarterbacking. And that was on a team loaded with talent which mizzou ain't.

I'm glad the hogs didn't get him, we've already got a roster full of QB's that can't throw thee ball

Big Muddy
01-31-2019, 06:48 PM
Yep, QA, but even with his limited success, I think the kid, or any kid in that same situation, should be given a mulligan on this, if he wasn’t made aware of the investigation.....he’s graduated with a college degree, and only has the one year of eligibility remaining.....it stinks to high heaven, and I say give the kid an opportunity to renew his application to the graduate transfer portal.....we could sure use a good QB, here at MS State!!!

quercus alba
01-31-2019, 11:37 PM
He left Clemson because despite starting 17 games he wasn’t “given a fair shot”. Arkansas had a coach fly out there for an in house visit and Bryant didn’t show up. I’m having a difficult time working up much sympathy for him

Big Muddy
01-31-2019, 11:45 PM
....."""Bryant didn’t show up"""

Well, I guess he just didn't wanna become a Hog. ;)

quercus alba
02-01-2019, 12:45 AM
Thank goodness. I strongly suggest he concentrate on getting his degree for obvious reasons

Big Muddy
02-01-2019, 03:10 AM
Well, it's all a moot point, now.....he's decided to honor his commitment, and remain at Mizzou.....that says something about his character.....best of luck to him.