PDA

View Full Version : USPS about to go under

Buckrub
01-28-2013, 07:32 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/postage-prices-rise-usps-still-teeters-edge-ruin-1C8146115

Wanna know why, guys?

#1, you have four times as many managers per employee as UPS does. Ever wonder why?

#2, your employees are civil servants. That breeds laziness and inefficiency.

#3, 95% of what you bring me to my house is magazines and advertisements. Maybe that pays the bills, I don't know. But it's a worthless service.

#4, I don't need paper mail 6 times a week. Truth be told, once a week would be enough, but 3 times would be wonderful, a luxury. Cut back.

#5, Learn how to provide tracking info for what you carry. Every other carrier can track a package every step. You can't. Learn how, and do it.

#6, It was great to have a 'postal rate' that was the same for every location in America, but that makes no sense. At best, make a few zones.

Thumper
01-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Like any other agency controlled by the government ... it's gonna be a money pit. I remember when the primo job to shoot for was to get hired on by the Post Office. Typical government job ... once you're hired, prop your feet up, read a magazine, drink a Coke and collect a paycheck until those VERY lucrative retirement benefits kick in.

UPS, FedEx, DHL and Purolator all seem to roll along efficiently, making money every year delivering packages ... AND their rates aren't all that cost prohibitive. I have no doubt they can figure a way to deliver letters with the same efficiency. What a surprise, the private sector can do it better. Sheeesh ... what else is new?