PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sunny ...

Thumper
01-28-2013, 08:01 PM
WTF is going on with that POS Dreamliner? Man, Boeing is starting to embarrass us in the rest of the world with that 787. Have they been able to keep them in the air long enough to go a full week with no news of another problem? Sheeesh, one of these days Japan is gonna get interested and do to our airline industry what they did to the car industry ... prove that they can do it better.

What's hubby have to say about all the crap going on?

Buckrub
01-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Why would we want little bitty tiny airplanes?? Ain't the seat and leg room small enough???????

Sunshine
01-28-2013, 11:34 PM
:)

Thumper
01-29-2013, 12:11 AM
Ha! You're sounding like a Boeing Public Relations Spokesperson. It ain't our fault ... it was so-and-so's fault. From what I've heard, the fuel leak was a problem in the fuel lines and fittings. The batteries have been tested at the manufacturer and no problems have been found. Sounds like a game of hot-potato to me.

They were three years behind and in a huge rush to get these things delivered. I think the "tweaking" should be done BEFORE 300 passengers are packed in and sent to 35,000 feet! I think they call 'em "test flights"! ;)

Niner
01-29-2013, 12:23 AM
Honda's already making some pretty nice corporate jets......
http://hondajet.honda.com/

Sunshine
01-29-2013, 12:31 AM
:D

Thumper
01-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Yep, I have a good bud who used to work for Boeing. He was one of my master mechanics in L.A. .. then when I moved to Florida, he moved to Seattle to work for my dad. When my dad moved to Texas, my bud went to work for Boeing (building landing gears for 747's I believe). After a few years at Boeing, he left and went to work as a diesel mechanic for the city bus company from which he recently retired (just a few months ago).

One thing in your post brings up a question. You sound a bit "pro-union". I think everyone here knows what I think about them. Is there ANYTHING that stands out in this part of your statement? Do you see any ambiguity here at all?

Union tries to help, but when they get involved Boeing figures another way to get to the employee. Hard working workers have to put up with workers sitting on their iPhones and not working! If you complain and the employee is a woman, you get charged with sexual abuse by the woman. It's happened several times. It's not a good place to work. Crews and managers are being shifted around and as far as I'm concerned for every 5 employees working there, 2 should be shown the door.

Buckrub
01-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Don't matter to me. I ain't EVER flying again, period. Them days be's over.

And Thump, the pro-Union guys around here won't see anything wrong with the above. Gold colored glasses, and all that.