PDA

View Full Version : Is you or is you ain't?

BarryBobPosthole
01-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Is there a chicken wing shortage or not? I keep hearing it both ways. There were hardly any wings at the store we shop at Sunday morning. Don't know if that means folks are buying early or what.

The world is going to hell!

BKB

Niner
01-28-2013, 11:51 PM
It's due to Obama's proposed "wing control" executive order. Says that Americas are in grave danger of scorching their palets on those insanely hot "assault wings". Michelle says no one NEEDS to have something that hot in their posession. Rumor has it that the E.O. will instruct "big chicken" to grind all wings into pate'.

BarryBobPosthole
01-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Is an assault wing one that's been cut down into 'drummettes'? So I guess that means no more 30 packs of drummettes?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-29-2013, 09:12 AM
I haven't checked yet, but now you have me worried. BTW, I had an order of the Mango/Habenero wings at Buffalo Wild Wings the other night and can highly recommend them. They were about as hot as I care to have with a nice sweet mango glaze. Ordering them when my lips were chapped from being out in the cold all weekend and with my chapstick at home probably wasn't a good idea...

BarryBobPosthole
01-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Mangoes and habaneros go together like peas and carrots. There's a ginger mango-hab sauce that I buy that's one of my all time favorites for wings.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
01-29-2013, 09:23 AM
This gal:
Says there ain't one.....

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/01/25/no-theres-no-super-bowl-chicken-wing-shortage

The Christians says there is a shortage...

http://www.christianpost.com/news/65000-chicken-wing-heist-super-bowl-fanatics-despair-over-wing-shortage-89032/

and the National Chicken Council is waffling.

http://www.nationalchickencouncil.org/americans-to-eat-1-23-billion-chicken-wings-super-bowl-weekend/

I think there's gonna be a run on wings (no pun intended) and we need to get what is ours NOW!

And its all corn's fault and that damned Richard Nixon and his Agriculture Secretary Earl Butz creating the military industrial complex we call ag these days.

BKB

Thumper
01-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Fry up some wings, stick 'em in a bowl with a lid, pour in a bottle of Tiger Sauce, shake it up to coat the wings, and serve. You'll NEVER eat 'em any other way. (trust me on this!)

It can be found in most grocery stores ....

http://www.kryddlandet.se/images/thumbs/0000436.jpeg

Thumper
01-29-2013, 09:30 AM
I've got some free time on my hands. I may try to dabble a bit in genetic engineering and start producing 6, or maybe 8-winged chickens. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Oh yeah. I've been a Tiger sauce fan for many many years. If you're looking for heat, its kind of for amateurs, but for flavor its one of the better ones. In fact if use it on wings, I usually jazz it up a little bit with something to give it some heat.

BKB

Thumper
01-29-2013, 10:52 AM
As a lover of REAL Thai food ... I can hold my own with most anybody when it comes to spicy food ... and I've won a few free t-shirts and crap through the years wolfing down somebody's "Nuclear" or "Rocket Fuel" (etc.) wings. I love 'em hot ... I love 'em sweet ... Tiger sauce is what I'd call sweet with just enough heat they won't scare the "I can't handle spicy" crowd. I'm a purest though and don't get into mixing stuff ... so I stick with it straight out of the bottle.

Lynn does make a GREAT "hot wing" sauce ... not sure what all she puts in it, but it's GOOD ... and it'll light you up!

Chicken Dinner
01-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Jim, Tiger Sauce with a little butter melted in to help it cling to the wings is my go-to sauce when I'm making wings for the family. Instead of frying them, I usually use a cajun rub on them and grill them low and slow. I like them a little hotter when it's just me, but the flavor of Tiger sauce is great. In fact, the last batch of wings I made I tried something else and the rest of the family said they were cooked perfectly. But, they wanted to know why I hadn't used the "regular" sauce...

BarryBobPosthole
01-29-2013, 12:46 PM
I grill all of my wings too. Lately I've been using Montreal Chicken as the rub and it's worked really well. I haven't been able to reliably get my old favorite chicken rub from Oklahoma Joe's and this is a pretty good replacement.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-29-2013, 01:18 PM
I say, I say...

hotshot
01-29-2013, 03:49 PM
I realize I am weighing in a tad late- butt he MAngo Habenero wings are my personal favorite. I also like the spicy thai.
My wife is amazing(in other ways too...) but she orders a chicken wrap with blazing sauce on it when we hit Bee- Dubs.
Gonna have to look into tiger sauce.
We did a family stir fry night a few weeks back. I bought a bunch of veggies, and some chicken, and pork. Cut up everything and each us added what they wanted to the pan. Served everything over rice or noodles- personal choice.
I picked up serval sauces too. My new favorite for several things is now fish sauce. Jim would be proud. Iam looking to expand my fish sauce collectin to include several different types.
Great flavor!

Arty
11-24-2018, 07:58 PM
There was, and is, no chicken wing shortage.

I somehow clicked somewhere and ended up on posts from 5 years ago.... and I read 4 threads before figuring out what year it was.
So I figure it was worth a reply.

BarryBobPosthole
11-24-2018, 09:58 PM
Deppity have you talked to Hotshot in a while?

BKB

airbud7
11-25-2018, 07:08 AM
I like Texas Pete buffalo wing sauce...Place fried wings in bowl/ lid and shake...easy

https://www.aturtleslifeforme.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/texas-pete-buffalo-wing-sauce.jpg

with ranch or blue cheese dressing

Arty
11-25-2018, 08:00 AM

BKB

We ain’t heard from Nandy in forever, either.
And no-til farmer

Arty
11-25-2018, 08:01 AM
I like Texas Pete buffalo wing sauce...Place fried wings in bowl/ lid and shake...easy

https://www.aturtleslifeforme.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/texas-pete-buffalo-wing-sauce.jpg

with ranch or blue cheese dressing

I’ll tell what’s a pretty good sauce that is sorta non-traditional as far as “buffalo” wings go. Tiger Sauce. It’s goooood Clark

Captain
11-25-2018, 08:48 AM
There was, and is, no chicken wing shortage.

I somehow clicked somewhere and ended up on posts from 5 years ago.... and I read 4 threads before figuring out what year it was.
So I figure it was worth a reply.

Had to read 4 replies before you knew it was a old post from years ago when Niner was the second reply. Boy you will never be Dick Tracy.....
I know who I AIN’T gonna call if I need help looking for clues to something.
No wonder you think 6 foot of water is 20 foot deep....
Take Care, Captain

Chicken Dinner
11-25-2018, 09:10 AM
I’ll tell what’s a pretty good sauce that is sorta non-traditional as far as “buffalo” wings go. Tiger Sauce. It’s goooood Clark

I’ve been using Tiger Sauce, based on Thump’s recommendation, for my mild wings do years. Good stuff. For my hotter wings, I like the sweeter heat if Buffalo Wild Wings’ mango habanero sauce.

I’ll have to try the Texas Pete at some point though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
11-25-2018, 09:34 AM
Kinda late to the party but I don't sauce my wings. I'm not a wing prude by any stretch but when I spend more time wiping/licking my fingers than actual eating then I want something else. Same reason I want my sauce on the side when eating ribs, If I'm forced to use sauce. I've never seen the fascination with hot wings, I much prefer my wings fried with gravy and mashed taters and my ribs naked. Naked is always better unless we're talking about Kribbs

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2018, 10:05 AM
Texas Pete can suck my dick.

At least until next Sunday.

BKB

Thumper
11-25-2018, 07:03 PM
Had to read 4 replies before you knew it was a old post from years ago when Niner was the second reply. Boy you will never be Dick Tracy.....
I know who I AIN’T gonna call if I need help looking for clues to something.
No wonder you think 6 foot of water is 20 foot deep....
Take Care, Captain

Ha ha ha! Same here Cappy! I read the first post, then moved on to the second. Before I even looked at it, I thought, "Niner"???? Then I looked at the date and thought WTF?? ;)

airbud7
11-25-2018, 07:27 PM

I gotta try that there Tiger Sauce y'all be talking bout!

Big Muddy
11-25-2018, 07:29 PM
Arty, No-Till tucked his tail and lit a shuck outta here.....got his feelings hurt, poked out his lip, and took off.....can't remember what/who exactly it was that he didn't agree with.....I think he was one of Bucky's acquaintances.....he seemed to be a pretty nice guy, unless you had a difference of opinion with him. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2018, 07:37 PM
I gotta try that there Tiger Sauce y'all be talking bout!

Tiger Sauce is spme good stuff AB. But its kind of sweet, so a little goes a long way for me.

BKB

Captain
11-25-2018, 07:39 PM
Texas Pete can suck my dick.

At least until next Sunday.

BKB

You a “sucker” for pain....

LJ3
11-26-2018, 10:22 AM
When your wings are done, melt a little bit of butter, get you some old bay seasoning, toss in a bowl and you'll turn around and slap yo mama right in her no wing makin' mouf.

BarryBobPosthole
11-26-2018, 10:31 AM
Old Bay on wings? Intriguing! I’ll try it thos weekend. If we lose I’m gonna blame it on the
yankee wings.

BKB

DeputyDog
11-27-2018, 12:40 AM

BKB

I see him around from time to time. My daughter had him as her Home-room teacher last year and has his wife this year. He’s pretty busy with coaching tennis and doing camps for the young kids.

His son Mason is one of the newer Deputies with the Sheriffs Department and will be graduating from the academy soon. Unfortunately they are still estranged.

BarryBobPosthole
11-27-2018, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the update Pat. And pls say hey for me next time you bump into him. I sure miss hearing his updates.

BKb

Chicken Dinner
11-27-2018, 11:59 AM
Me, too! Slap some sense into that boy of his as well once he’s on duty.