PDA

View Full Version : We used to call this...

Arty
02-25-2019, 07:41 PM
It’s dead in here, yo!
We used to call this the “summer lull”,
But we’re still in dead winter.
I know winter means that Barry is trying to organize his garage. What’s everyone else’s excuse?

Chicken Dinner
02-25-2019, 08:04 PM
[emoji3074] [emoji3074] chirps..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeputyDog
02-25-2019, 08:19 PM
I’ve been on the go a lot the last couple of weeks. I hit the big 5-0 a couple weeks ago on my birthday so the wife made plans with some friends for a weekend in Indy, then this past weekend my daughter’s choir travelled to the Chicago area for a performance. Mix work into the middle of that and I’ve been pretty swamped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
02-25-2019, 08:56 PM
I worked a very large estate sale all week (and weekend). Now I'm not only trying to recuperate (I'm not used to manual labor), but also trying to catch up on everything I put off during the week. I'd check in here from time to time ... but heard only my own echo.

Big Muddy
02-25-2019, 09:18 PM
We are absolutely flooded, down here.....we are luckier than most, however, so far.....we have an emergency secondary cow trail to get to town.....all paved roads within a 3 mile radius of me are inundated with flood water, and it's still rising.....I sneaked over to the lake house, today, and it's dejavu, all over again over there, too.....docks and piers are under water, and I'm sure sheeit is floating everywhere inside the boat house.
I try not to complain about bad weather inconveniences because there's always others who are hit a lot worse than us.....i.e., the folks who have flooded homes, and others who lost family members in the tornadoes, last week.

LJ3
02-26-2019, 07:18 AM
I'm in some sort of winter funk. I need to fish. Bad.

airbud7
02-26-2019, 08:03 AM
We are absolutely flooded, down here.....we are luckier than most, however, so far.....we have an emergency secondary cow trail to get to town.....all paved roads within a 3 mile radius of me are inundated with flood water, and it's still rising.....I sneaked over to the lake house, today, and it's dejavu, all over again over there, too.....docks and piers are under water, and I'm sure sheeit is floating everywhere inside the boat house.
I try not to complain about bad weather inconveniences because there's always others who are hit a lot worse than us.....i.e., the folks who have flooded homes, and others who lost family members in the tornadoes, last week.

Dam Muddy!.....I finally figured out why you got your name Big Muddy!.....Hang in there Bro!

we used to talk about nascar this time of year until they went to shit.

BarryBobPosthole
02-26-2019, 09:27 AM
Me and Birddog are fishing today!

BKB

quercus alba
02-26-2019, 09:52 AM
I'm drinking coffee preparing myself to go forth and do battle with a government agency. It seems my employer hasn't turned in my last four years of wages to the social security office. I'm showing no income for 2015 - 2018.

should be interesting

i'd druther be fishing.

On the upside, I get to crash my favorite fast food joint (Dairy Queen) and get the chicken strip basket. Hopefully that will overcome the void left by having to deal with bureaucratic bushwa

LJ3
02-26-2019, 02:09 PM
Me and Birddog are fishing today!

BKB

Post a fishing report!

Last post in the fishing forum was spring of 2017 :D

Thumper
02-26-2019, 05:03 PM
Post a fishing report!

Last post in the fishing forum was spring of 2017 :D

We have a fishing forum??? :huh

Bwana
02-26-2019, 05:40 PM
My excuses are that we are in legislative session at this time plus the missus conned me into doing some home remodeling so time has been a wee bit limited for playing.

BarryBobPosthole
02-26-2019, 06:02 PM
Sounds like you’re practicing up on your Irish for St Patty’s day!

BKB

LJ3
02-26-2019, 06:59 PM
I think it's a result of sorely antiquated technology supporting a sore antiquated method of communicating :D One day soon we'll look in to an upgrade and the support line is going to say "Sweet Baby Jesus in a manger you people are still USING this software?"

BarryBobPosthole
02-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Find it! Lets get it!

BKb

Thumper
02-26-2019, 07:34 PM
Find it! Lets get it! BKb

It better be DIRT CHEAP! I pretty much emptied the G/H bank account to help pay for our last cruise. :hair

airbud7
02-27-2019, 06:54 AM
It better be DIRT CHEAP! I pretty much emptied the G/H bank account to help pay for our last cruise. :hair

hahahaha! made my day Thump!