PDA

View Full Version : My favorite

quercus alba
03-01-2019, 11:01 AM
Radio station which is classic rock has been completely ruined by the airing of the Walton/Johnson show. You talk about a couple of rude foul mouth racist goobers it’s those two. They make Hannity and Limbaugh look like Pelosi and Warren.

I’d like to drop kick them both thru a tenth floor plate glass window

They’re giving us right wingers a bad name

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2019, 11:36 AM
There aren’t many ‘classic rock’ stations out there any more. Our old standard rock station here is KMOD. They were the home of Roy Damn Mercer, was the first place Jeanne Tripplehorn worked (of Waterworld hotness fame) and they played 60s-70s classic rock except for some blues and Punk shows they ran in the evening. The problem is, ‘classic rock’ to these modern hipster types are the 80s-90s and IMO those years were theGobi desert of rock music. There was some good music made, Dire Straits for example, but for the mostpart it was crap.

I don’t listen to the radio for anything but sports or news any more and that is sad. But I carry 3k or so songs with me on my phone everywhere I go andit mind melds to my truck so I can listen to what
i want and don’t have to listen to stupid drive timemorning shows. (Although Phil and Brent could get plenty stupid on KMOD)

BKB

quercus alba
03-01-2019, 12:22 PM
My sons have discovered the 70’s and they wholeheartedly agree to its overall superiority.

Thumper
03-01-2019, 12:22 PM
The problem is, ‘classic rock’ to these modern hipster types are the 80s-90s and IMO those years were the Gobi Desert of rock music. There was some good music made, Dire Straits for example, but for the most part it was crap. BKB

Couldn't agree with you more on that point P-hole. I love the old "classic rock" as in your interpretation of "classic", but it may be just because it was the rock of the era I really grew up in. When Disco, Funk, Punk and Heavy Metal came in ... I pretty much tuned out. I have pretty broad tastes in music (from classical to gospel), but that particular "rock" era had a VERY hard time keeping my interest. Believe it or not, I do like a lot of the current hip-hop stuff and am guilty of cranking the volume up to max when getting down with some of the stuff. Same goes for some of the electronic (techno) stuff when the mood hits me (especially if stoned). ;)

On the more mellow side, I've been getting more and more into reggae the past few years. In fact, I keep my XM tuned into "The Joint" for the most part these days.

jb
03-01-2019, 02:53 PM
We both have Sirius Radio in our cars, usually have it on Classic 60's, then switch back to 50's now and then.
I know I've never tuned it to the 70's, although that was the decade I taught high school and had a radio in my classroom. Maybe that's why I don't enjoy it today.:friday

Big Muddy
03-01-2019, 03:20 PM
It's the Blues for me.....B.B. King, Memphis Slim, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, and John Lee Hooker are tops.....and, you ain't lived 'til you've heard Junior Wells play his Blues harmonica.

LJ3
03-01-2019, 05:56 PM
Couldn't agree with you more on that point P-hole. I love the old "classic rock" as in your interpretation of "classic", but it may be just because it was the rock of the era I really grew up in. When Disco, Funk, Punk and Heavy Metal came in ... I pretty much tuned out. In have pretty broad tastes in music (from classical to gospel), but that particular "rock" era had a VERY hard time keeping my interest. Believe it or not, I do like a lot of the current hip-hop stuff and am guilty of cranking the volume up to max when getting down with some of the stuff. Same goes for some of the electronic (techno) stuff when the mood hits me (especially if stoned). ;)

On the more mellow side, I've been getting more and more into reggae the past few years. In fact, I keep my XM tuned into "The Joint" for the most part these days.

Anyone who has paid cash on the barrel head to see the Celtic Women may not post on anything else having to do with music :D

Chicken Dinner
03-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Bam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2019, 06:06 PM
Anyone who has paid cash on the barrel head to see the Celtic Women may not post on anything else having to do with music :D

He’sgot a point there!

Thumper
03-01-2019, 08:03 PM
Blues is the tits for me too Muddy. I got hooked when I was 16-17 years old and have probably every blues album (on CD) ever produced!

And for you Mr. Ticboy, you can bite me! I can't help it if I'm a man of many tastes. Call it worldly if you will as I'm even a huge fan of mor lam and khaen music (you'll have to look it up). ;)

BTW ... Lynn's Hyatt is on the Convention Center property here in town. We see any concert or performance scheduled there for free. We have "friends in high places" and get the VIP treatment. So, no "cash on the barrel head" needed. :D

quercus alba
03-01-2019, 08:11 PM
I'd just as soon listen to a mule with his nads caught in a double spring Blake and Lamb as to have to listen to blues

Thumper
03-01-2019, 08:33 PM
QA, I'd agree with you on SOME blues. There are many different styles. I zero in on a specific area ... much like jazz ... I like some jazz, but don't like Dixieland for example.

Thumper
03-01-2019, 08:39 PM
Muddy, if you like Junior Wells and the mouth organ, you need to pick up a copy of Harp Attack. It's one of my all-time favorite (harmonica blues) cd's.

Here ya' go Mudward. My favorite is Black Night (who hasn't done that one?). It kicks in around 32:35, but the harp doesn't really come in until about 35:20.

<iframe width="1903" height="888" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/epx5jINg_hE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big Muddy
03-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Thump, I’ve squeezed a babe or two up close and tight, while slow-dancing to Black Night.....and, I bet you have, too. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2019, 10:02 PM
Dear Thumper:

CDs are so 2000s

BKB

Thumper
03-01-2019, 11:31 PM
Isn’t 2019 the 2000’s? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-02-2019, 09:10 AM
No, its part of the 2010s Darrell.

BKB

Thumper
03-02-2019, 07:36 PM
Do you still have your stool handy? ;)

LJ3
03-03-2019, 11:31 AM
A blue stool would be the perfect choice in this instance.

Chicken Dinner
03-03-2019, 02:15 PM
Radio? That’s so 90’s...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain
03-04-2019, 03:22 PM
Y’all are all so 1960’s....