PDA

View Full Version : Anybody like pickled eggs?

Chicken Dinner
03-04-2019, 10:44 AM
I知 trying a spicy Thai lemongrass version on these. We値l see how they turned out in 3-4 weeks.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190304/39d10e265d79af07fcb567c83355fd87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
03-04-2019, 10:46 AM
I love ‘em. Mine normally aren’t that fancy though. Does that lemongrass make your pickled egg farts smell like lemons?

BKB

Thumper
03-04-2019, 10:49 AM
I love 'em and have two jars of homemade pickled eggs in the fridge as I speak. I haven't tried the lemon grass, but I do have quite a few Thai, red chilies in the mix.

Arty
03-04-2019, 11:06 AM
Thai lemongrass.... sounds like a massengill product to me

Chicken Dinner
03-04-2019, 11:54 AM
I love 'em and have two jars of homemade pickled eggs in the fridge as I speak. I haven't tried the lemon grass, but I do have quite a few Thai, red chilies in the mix.

I cheated a bit on these Jim as my recipe called for Thai chili痴. I tried two grocery stores and the closest I could get was Serrano痴. If I like the flavor, I値l head to the local Asian market and get the real deal for the next batch.

quercus alba
03-04-2019, 01:02 PM
Thump, Posthole and I bet TeeDub ate pickled eggs too.

That explains a lot

BarryBobPosthole
03-04-2019, 01:19 PM
When I was in the AF, I was stationed with a mobile tactical air control squadron that was world wide deployable in 24 hrs, or so they said. Mainly that meant lots of practice alerts at all hours of the day where you’d get a recall, pack your shit and showup at the flight line ready to load and go. Being in tech control, we always saw the info about the alerts in clear text so we knew ahead of time whoch ones were real and which were fake.
My buddy Earl Bell and I had seat assignment #2 and #3 on our plane and a ugly, mean, nasty WAF captain that we hated was #1. So one night before knew we weregetting a ‘real’ recall to load up and fly tothe desert out by Nellis AFB, Earl and I hit the ‘Sportsman’s Club’, a GI bar right outside gate#2 at MacDill. We loaded up on pickledeggs, smoked mullet, and beer.
The next day we loaded up smelly and hung over and boarded our C5. Earl and I stunk up the front of that plane so bad I thought I saw tears in that salty old bitch’s eyes.
You gotta enjoy your fun where you findit!

BKB

Thumper
03-04-2019, 01:46 PM
In college, there was ONE bar in town. It was a dry county, but you could go by there on any Sunday (it was closed on Sundays) and there would always be a few police cars in the back lot, so we always figured he slipped local law enforcement a little stipend to turn a blind eye. The place was OFFICIALLY named "Martin Recreation Center" and if you cashed a check there (which could possibly be seen by parents supporting their college kids), that's how it was made out. It was actually just a huge bar with pool tables and was owned by a guy named "Cadillac". Us students and locals simply called the place "Cadillac's" (no clue what his real name was) and NOBODY referred to it as Martin Recreation Center. ;)

Anyway, we'd many times end up having fart lighting parties in the dorm to see who could blow the biggest flame. Needless to say, I was usually the winner. I'd load up on beer (Bud early in the week ... or PBR later in the week when funds were low since Bud was $0.35/bottle and PBR was $0.30/bottle). There were always gallon jugs of pickled eggs on the bar and I'd drink beer and eat pickled eggs all night, then blow out (literally) the competition back at the dorm that night. I remember like it was yesterday when my roommate (we're still friends) looked at me and said, "Kribbs ... you just ain't normal!" ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-04-2019, 02:12 PM
Insightful fellow!
BKB

Chicken Dinner
03-04-2019, 03:13 PM
A chick magnet is what you must have been back in those days, Thump...