PDA

View Full Version : Well, I have the itch, so I pulled the trigger.

Thumper
03-29-2019, 05:56 PM
We have a lot on our travel plate this year. Many out of town weekends planned and a couple weeks in L.A. coming up in May, but I'm experiencing the "cruise jones" again. Heck, it's been 5 months since we did the Panama Canal, so I'm due. ;)

Just got off the phone with my travel agent and she booked us a Caribbean cruise for December. We return on December 22, so it'll be great to get away from all that craziness during the Christmas shopping rat-race! :encouragement:

Thank you eBay!

jb
03-29-2019, 07:09 PM
Well have fun. Never been on cruise, but spent a few days on both a LST and an Aircraft Carrier,
So the wife and I were talking one night last week and decided we wanted to do something with the whole family. Rent a cottage, fly somewhere, road trip, etc. Came up with an idea for a cruise. Decided to take the 8 grand kids and their parents (16 of us) on a 5 night Disney Cruise. Went down and booked it the next day.
Year away, but going on the Disney Dream out of Port Canaveral, down to Nassau, with two stops at a private Island.
As I said, never been on a cruise, but the excitement among the grand kids is going to be hard to live with over the next year.

Thumper
03-29-2019, 10:01 PM
Our best friends here in town did the same thing a year or so ago. They had 12 people I think (all the grand kids) and loved it. Disney does everything first rate, or they don’t do it. Perfect for your circumstances, but I usually go with Holland America. It’s a mid-priced fleet geared toward an older, more sedate crowd. I’d flip out on a cruise where the pools are full of screaming kids, etc.

That said, I absolutely love cruising and 90% of the time, I could care less if I even get off the boat! If I could afford it, I’d live on a cruise ship! In fact, I’ve met people who do just that. On our Mediterranean cruise, I met an old guy who had been on the boat (Grand Voyage) for over a year had no plans of ending it any time soon. He said the ship had everything he needed and it was cheaper than living in an assisted living facility. 😉