PDA

View Full Version : Ever have a Jim Croce kind of day?

Penguin
04-18-2019, 12:13 PM
Funny thing happened on the drive into work this morning. A commercial on the radio had a few second snippet of "I Got a Name". I sat up in the seat and said to myself that Croce had the music that perfectly captured my mood for the day.

Of course being the owner of a 7.3 second attention span I forgot about it long before making it into work. A quick run at the gym, a couple hours of being swamped by thermodynamics students begging for mercy, and the usual stuff that happens when the academic year comes to a close swamped me at work. I made up the test for the thermo class on monday and started working it...

And then I remembered the Croce song.

Queued up his greatest hits on the pooter. Started working the test. And have smile on my face for the first time all day. I wonder what old Jim would say if he knew that his songs still made people happy 46 years after his death. That's quite an accomplishment I'd say.

Will

airbud7
04-18-2019, 12:19 PM
Yep...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvwDohEEQ1E

Penguin
04-18-2019, 12:29 PM
There it is.

Just what the doctor ordered.

Will

johnboy
04-18-2019, 12:56 PM
:clap Good stuff!

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2019, 01:02 PM
I lived in Denison, TX in ‘73 and had tickets to see him at Austin College in Sherman. He was killedthe day before that show. I sure wish I’d held onto that old ticket but lost it somewhere along the way.
I love his music but I change the station if Cat’s Cradle comes on. They AM radioed it to death.

BKb

Chicken Dinner
04-18-2019, 03:01 PM
Love me some Jim Croce, but pretty sure you’re talking about Harry Chapin at the end there Posthole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2019, 04:01 PM
True! I got them mixed up.

Chicken Dinner
04-18-2019, 04:27 PM
I can’t listen to that song since I had kids either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk