PDA

View Full Version : Ya' ever wonder what inspired certain street names?

Thumper
04-29-2019, 09:42 AM
I know Main Street, Broadway or 9th Avenue are pretty generic and boring, but I just sold an item to an eBay customer and am now preparing to ship the item to him. His address is on "Lost Horse Trail". Ha! I'd love to know the story behind the name of that street. And no, he ain't "out West' ... the address is in the N.E. .... "Mass-a-two-shits" to be exact! :D

quercus alba
04-29-2019, 10:09 AM
My old home town was a railroad town. We had Cab street, Pullman street, etc

BarryBobPosthole
04-29-2019, 10:23 AM
My old best buddy from my hometown, Mallard Fillmore as some of y’all might remember, was the Water Commissioner in our hometown until he retired a couple of years ago. He has lived on the same little two block unnamed street for many years. When 911 came about the city had to name all of those streets and Dick just happened to be at City Hall and actually got to name his street. Richard being Richard, he named it Ghetto Drive, which it is still named to this day.
The two of us were fishing on a Canadian border lake one time and got checked by two fish cops, one American one Canadian it was weird, and when they checked our license the Canadian fish cop said “I just have one question, do you really live on Ghetto Drive?”.
Real life is just too damned funny!

BKb

BarryBobPosthole
04-29-2019, 10:27 AM
And apparently some highly educated folk took exception to it!

BkB

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mustbeabetterchoose

Hombre
04-29-2019, 10:48 AM
Wow that was a tough read

Thumper
04-29-2019, 10:49 AM
And apparently some highly educated folk took exception to it!

BkB

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/mustbeabetterchoose

Ha ha ha! Judging from her grammar, IF she even graduated, I'd have to submit a name change for her alma mater to Ghetto High School! ;)

Arty
04-29-2019, 12:19 PM
That’s hard to Phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
04-29-2019, 12:30 PM
That’s hard to Phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will not tolarate such ill chooses!

At least we know where the Iraqui Information Minister ran off to!

BKB

quercus alba
04-29-2019, 12:46 PM
Sounds like this individual might be the spokesperson for the Nigerian lottery.

Big Muddy
04-29-2019, 06:01 PM
Down this way, the weirdest road name I've seen is "Blowed Cat Road".....right at the intersection with another road, there sits an old plum-wore-out '50's model Caterpillar dozer.....according to legend, the dozer blew it's engine, and the owner couldn't afford a new engine, so he just left it sitting there all these years.....hence, "Blowed Cat Road".

BarryBobPosthole
04-29-2019, 06:48 PM
The newest thing for local nameplaces are the names for weather stations. The one in my hometown is on ‘Dumb butt Ridge’