PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch'a maroons!

Thumper
04-29-2019, 11:18 AM
Ha ha ha! My neighbor has a concrete tile roof and it had a bunch of cracked tiles, so he hired a roofing contractor to come out and replace the broken ones. As a side note, it's almost impossible to walk on one of those things without cracking tiles. I used to pressure clean tile roofing all the time and even though I was taught by a roofing company how to walk on them, even they said it's near impossible to do it without breaking some of them. Anyway, my neighbor's roof was almost black from mildew but the actual tiles themselves were almost white. Well, needless to say, once the cracked tiles were replaced, his roof looked like a checkerboard! My neighbor just assumed they were going to clean the roof because they told him they'd match the tiles to his old ones. He called and complained, so they sent someone out to take care of it. Ha ha ha ha ha ha! My neighbor now has a matching roof! They spray painted the new tiles black so they'd match the old (dirty) tiles! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! What a bunch'a maroons! I told my neighbor he should have at least learned his lesson not to assume ANYTHING! (you all know how to spell assume ... it'll make an ass out of u and me)! I also reminded my neighbor, now if he hires someone to come out and clean his roof, he'll again have a checkerboard! The OLD tiles will be white and the NEW tiles will be black!

Never assume anything folks! He DID have it in writing that the new tiles would match the old tiles ... so I suppose they did live up to the terms of the contract! :D

Arty
04-29-2019, 12:15 PM
Sounds like the company did the right thing the first time. they did match the original tile! Not their fault the others are filthy dirty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
04-29-2019, 02:29 PM
Sounds like the company did the right thing the first time. they did match the original tile! Not their fault the others are filthy dirty!

Technically, I suppose you're right. BUT ... if they'd had half a brain, they'd have either added pressure cleaning into the contract, or at minimum, informed him to have it cleaned before they do the tile work. That's the point. I pressure washed a bazillion houses back in the day in order to prep them before a painter came in to repaint. Sometimes the painting company would have me do it for them and sometimes the homeowner would hire me directly to clean before the painter showed up. I really don't see the difference. I never knew a painter to paint over all the dirt, mildew and cobwebs just because "somebody" dropped the ball. If I took a wrecked car into a body shop for a paint job, I wonder how many shops would actually paint the car without SOMEBODY arranging to do the body work first? I guess it's kinda funny ... but extremely stupid at the same time.

I think the STUPID part was when they came out and spray painted the clean tiles to make them look "dirty". That's when somebody should have stepped in and given my neighbor the options and offered feasible solutions. The old guy is in his 80's.