PDA

View Full Version : Just spent 3-days in wine country ....

Thumper
05-09-2019, 06:57 PM
... and just got back to LA. One item on our foodie checklist is Howlin’ Rays. Been standing in line 40 mins. now, only have an hour to go before we make it to the counter to order. WILDLY popular. Odd, we’re right smack dab in the middle of Chinatown. 🙄

http://www.howlinrays.com/

Big Muddy
05-09-2019, 07:10 PM
OMG !!!!!.....just perused the menu.....you are either nuts or Lynn won the PCH prize money !!!!.....ain't no chicken worth $32 bucks.....and, $4 bucks for collard greens???.....I'm sittin' on a day'um gold mine in my backyard garden. ;)

Thumper
05-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Welcome to Los Angeles. I just went to the restroom to wash my hands. There was a frigging coin slot on the door. I didn’t even look to see what the charge is, just mumbled “F-U” and walked back to the line. I’ll take my chances with dirty hands. Of course, it’s costing $7 to park while we stand here. Arrrgghhh!!!

Big Muddy
05-09-2019, 07:35 PM
HA, let us know what ya'll ate, and your final food tab. ;)

No wonder it's called Howlin' Rays.....I bet ole Ray howls like a wild banshee, all the way to the bank !!! ;)

Thumper
05-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Ol’ Ray has to put gas in his car. I just glanced at the Shell gas station down the street. (‘Course we’re in the middle of Chinatown)

Regular - $4.89
Mid-grade - $4.99
Premium - $5.09

These people have no clue what “normal” is.