PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha! My next door neighbor got flocked last night!

Thumper
06-07-2019, 09:54 AM
I walked out of the house at about 6:00 am this morning and a little something next door immediately caught my eye. A frigging "flock" of flamingos were feeding in his front yard! Then I noticed they weren't moving. I walked over to get a closer look and there's a sign in the yard informing him he'd been flocked. I called him (he's an old retired Sheriff's deputy) as he goes out for breakfast EVERY morning around 6:45-7:00 am. I told him to look out of his front window. ;)

He came out and had no clue what was going on. One of the "birds" had a note hanging from it's neck explaining that he'd just been flocked by our local garden club and in order to have the birds removed, a $10 "donation" to the garden club would be appreciated. I told him the heck with that, I can think of two other choices. Sue them for extortion, or better yet, I'll sell them on eBay for $10 apiece and split the profit with him! ;)

Anyway, the donation is of course voluntary and the note says they'll pick the birds up this afternoon. They also asked if he could suggest a friend of his and they'd flock him/her next. Of course I told him if he suggests me, we will immediately cease to be friends! :D

We then wondered when the heck they did this. I go to bed late and they weren't there when I checked on the outside cats before turning in, and as I said, they were out there early this morning, so I'm not sure when the flock flew in. I told him to check his security cameras to see when they showed up and he said, "Good idea! Maybe he'll recognize somebody ... like a new EX-friend!" :laughing