PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning From Roatan, Honduras

BarryBobPosthole
06-23-2019, 11:21 AM
Enjoying my morning coffee so I thought I’d check in. The same old covfefe I see.

Been diving, eating well, enjoying adult beverages, and sampling the local herb. I haven’t had so much as a cold in four years and yesterday my wife and I both came down with a chest cold. Caused me to miss the morning dive today. Only have two diving days, then a couple night dives before we come home. It is awesomely beautiful here both topside and under the waves.

Looks like the May thunderstorms have continued through june back home.

Back in Oklahoma Friday. Enjoy your week, working folk!

BKB

Thumper
06-23-2019, 12:13 PM
Have fun P-hole. Honduras is probably the only country we missed in that area just 7 months ago. We missed Honduras since we came into the Canal from the Bahamas, then went up the west coast ... Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala and Mexico. Hit 'em all but ONE ... Honduras!

Gonna be bouncing around the Caribbean in December ... hitting all the usual islands along the way. Just a quick 7-day trip (Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, The DR, etc.) We'll be layin' on the beach drinking fru-fru drinks with pineapple slices in 'em while some of these working stiffs are back here wearin' heavy coats while fighting snow and ice on the way to work. ;)

Retirement is the ONLY way to go! :thumbsup

BarryBobPosthole
06-23-2019, 01:05 PM
Amen! Roatan isn’r on the mainland so it is a world away from the troubles on mainland Honduras. We were here on this island 10 years ago and man it has changed. Those days it was out of the way and known mainly by divers. Now cruise ships come and go and the little stretch of beach we are staying on had a couple of restaurants and two dive operators all within walking distance. Now there are dozens of dive shops and the whole reef around the island is a protected marine park. Everything is still easy as pie here. Our dive boat picks us up on the beach in front of our house, we walk to Los Rocas our favorite bar right next door and nary a shoe has crossed our toes sincee last Saturday except for dive booties.
I needed this vacay from retirement!

BKB

Thumper
06-23-2019, 02:12 PM
Ha! Yeah, from time to time I need a vacay from eBay, which finances the vacay! ;)