PDA

View Full Version : I’m not sure I’ll make it.

Thumper
06-26-2019, 10:07 PM
I’ve watched the first half of the Democratic “debates” and it’s a miracle my tv is still in one piece. I’ve come so close to throwing my shoe through the screen so many times the past hour, I’m not sure I’ll make through the next hour. They’re starting on gun control right now. This may push me over the edge. Why al I torturing myself like this? Grrrrrr!!!! [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
06-26-2019, 11:28 PM
I didn’t realize political flagellation was your thing Jim. You a follower of Raniero Fasani or is it just penance for being Lizzie Borden in a previous life?

I can’t abuse myself like that

Thumper
06-27-2019, 07:59 AM
I think it’s kind of like coming up on a bad accident scene on the highway. You know you need to cruise on by to let the officials do their thing, but you just can’t help to at least slow down and look.

Isn’t it illegal to buy votes in a Presidential election? I have never heard so many promises of free this and free that in my life! Tax the rich at 70% and give it to the less fortunate Read: mostly non-working bums sucking on the government tit (Or is that teat)?

3-4 of the candidates, when asked a question, would first answer in frigging Spanish!! Then answer in English. Of course they’re also all for allowing anybody who sneaks across the border to stay here and suck up on a plethora of FREE benefits. Vote for me, I’m one of you and speak your language. I’ll take care of you!

Then there are the dipshits who believe anyone who enters illegally should be given citizenship if they haven’t committed any crimes. Uhhh, HELLO!!! If they entered ILLEGALLY ... ummm, what does illegal mean anyway? One described the Miami holding area as being full of babies who haven’t been fed in days and they’re in dirty diapers that haven’t been changed all week! Where do they come up with this shit?

Of course Trump is an idiot for telling Iran to shove the nuclear treaty up their ass. Obama had it right and all was fine until Trump f’d it all up!

Sheeesh, that’s the tip of the iceberg and there are 10 more bozos who are going to do the same tonight. I don’t know why I want to torture myself, but I’ll probably watch tonight also, even though I’ll probably have to double up on my blood pressure meds. Especially once Bernie Sanders tells me the government should give me a free house, boat and Cadillac Escalade to pull it with. Don’t worry, all those rich, corporate a-holes in the country will pay for my “free” stuff! Of course, that makes me wonder why I’d want his offer of free college? Why get an education and go to work if everything is gonna be free anydamnway? Heck, if I need some pocket change for incidentals (like some good pot maybe), he’s promising I can make a minimum of $20/hr. flipping burgers at MacD’s!

Why do I bother? I feel like I’m doing what any responsible voter should do. Weigh both sides, listen to ALL the candidates, then vote on whomever I feel would be best for the country. The problem is, I’m doing nothing but sticking a needle in my eye. I pretty much know it’s going to hurt and it’s a dumb idea, but at least I know for SURE it hurt and I should have stuck with what I believed BEFORE I picked up that needle! [emoji35]

BarryBobPosthole
06-27-2019, 09:05 AM
are there CLIF notes?

Thumper
06-27-2019, 10:02 AM
A brief synopsis:

Vote for me because Trump is an incompetent buffoon.

Vote for me and ALL illegals will become legals overnight.

Vote for me and you will get free health care, besides, it's a God given RIGHT.

Vote for me and I'll play Robin Hood ... steal from the rich and give to ... well, everybody who ain't rich!

Vote for me and you'll make $20/hr. minimum wage bringing in shopping carts from the Walmart parking lot.

Vote for me and I'll put an end to oil drilling, gas drilling and coal mining, then we'll charge our electric cars with windmills.

Vote for me and nobody will be sent to prison because I understand our system made you do what you did (I'll fix that).

Sorry, I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can remember right now.

Oh yeah, and Trump is an incompetent buffoon. (did I mention that already?)

Chicken Dinner
06-27-2019, 10:07 AM
I had to turn it off shortly after the 70% marginal tax rate stuff. Taking $.70 out of every $1 a man earns is pure thievery.

(But, at least they got the 50% about Trump right.)

BarryBobPosthole
06-27-2019, 10:13 AM
I know that people who would vote for anyone but Hillary find it difficult to believe that there are people who’d vote for anyone but Trump.

But there you have it.

BKB

quercus alba
06-27-2019, 11:43 AM
Concerning the 70 percent tax I refer to the words of Lord Farquaad “ I know it’s a dangerous mission and many of you will be killed but it’s a risk I’m willing to take.”

thanks for re enforcing my hatred of all things political

BarryBobPosthole
06-27-2019, 12:49 PM
Just FYI, not that facts matter any more.

BKB

https://taxfoundation.org/70-tax-rate-entrepreneurial-income/

quercus alba
06-27-2019, 01:17 PM
Yeah, i've done a little research on it myself, still regardless of how much you make, 70% is redonkulous. We need a government that cuts spending to save money

HAHAHAHAHAHA

:slaphead

BarryBobPosthole
06-27-2019, 02:22 PM
Think of it as a war tax. We have been at war for many years and we haven’t paid for hardly any of the un-budgeted costs.

And I’m not in favor of it so much as I think we need to have a discussion about taxes and priorities. A discussion without canned responses to ideas.

BKB

johnboy
06-27-2019, 02:38 PM
I don't think that 'discussions' between proponents of different political viewpoints are possible anymore. When you start calling people of the opposite or different view than your own names (like nazi, racist, homophobe etc., etc.) then any chance of a reasoned discussion goes out the window.

airbud7
06-27-2019, 05:16 PM
I don't think that 'discussions' between proponents of different political viewpoints are possible anymore. When you start calling people of the opposite or different view than your own names (like nazi, racist, homophobe etc., etc.) then any chance of a reasoned discussion goes out the window.

Well said Johnboy

https://mediadc.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/78393fe/2147483647/strip/true/crop/3000x2000+0+0/resize/3000x2000!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmediadc.brightspotcdn.com%2F4d% 2Fe4%2Fb717d773363050a27353bf97930c%2F2564b2dc4b02 bdd12d36e59bcf9f49ec.jpg

jb
06-27-2019, 08:49 PM
You're problem is that you are watching that chit, I don't even read about it in the paper. I'll get interested when they chose the loser.

Thumper
06-27-2019, 09:21 PM
Well, I’m watching tonight’s debate and it’s a cluster-fuck!

The moderator just asked the candidates if their free health care for everybody would include undocumented immigrants. EVERY dickhead up there (all 10 of them), raised their hand! Are you f’ing kidding me?

Thumper
06-27-2019, 09:54 PM
That dingbat Kamala Harris just said thousands of undocumented aliens have served in the U. S. armed forces! Since when can an undocumented immigrant join the military?? WTF?? What a nutbag! A non- citizen (green card holder) yes. UNDOCUMENTED?? What a dufus bitch! 'Course she seems to be pretty much dominating the debates ... and stomping Biden's dick in the dirt while doing it! These people are unbelievable. Grrrr, there goes my blood pressure again. Why am I watching these dickheads? I’m a glutton for punishment.