PDA

View Full Version : Hey CD!

airbud7
07-07-2019, 06:34 AM
usa2...Small Idaho town defends Chicken Dinner Road from PETA!......

The mayor of a rural town in Idaho responded to a request from PETA to change the name of the local Chicken Dinner Road, saying, "NO WAY, NO CHANCE."

A July 3 letter to Caldwell Mayor Garret Nancolas written by PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman said in part, "Would you consider changing the name of Chicken Dinner Road to Chicken Road as a kinder alternative? ... Just like dogs, cats, and human beings, chickens feel pain and fear and value their own lives. PETA is asking Mayor Nancolas to change this road’s name to one that celebrates chickens as individuals, not as beings to kill, chop up, and label as ‘dinner.'"

Nancolas answered with a snarky Facebook post. "When I realized the letter was for real, it made me extremely irritated that they would waste our time with such a ridiculous request!!...NO WAY, NO CHANCE I would ever consider this truly unbelievable request!!" he said. Nancolas also noted the rural Chicken Dinner Road did not even fall in his town's jurisdiction and "We have many issues to consider, but this IS NOT one of them!"

Though the history behind the name of Chicken Dinner Road is not totally agreed upon by all locals, most are settled on the fact that it can be attributed to a former resident of the rural community, Laura Lamb, who was known for her fried chicken recipe in the 1930s. The road, located within the Snake River wine region, is also home to Huston Vineyards, which has created a line of merchandise in support of Nancolas and the name "Chicken Dinner Road," including T-shirts, stickers, and caps.

Thumper
07-07-2019, 07:05 AM
I'm going to run around town this week seeing of half the restaurants in town will change their menus. I'll start with a local restaurant that advertises an all-you-can-eat fish fry every Friday night. Couldn't they just say fish "get-together" or sumpin'? I see Outback has a steak dinner advertised also ... poor defenseless cows. :crybaby

Lynn and I went out to eat in Tampa a couple of years ago to one of our favorite Chinese restaurants. There was a younger woman standing in the parking lot carrying a sign saying how cruel the restaurant owners are because they boil their crabs and lobsters alive! She was asking the customers to help her get the place shut down! Where do these frigging nutbags come from?

Chicken Dinner
07-07-2019, 07:16 AM
If chicken, crabs and lobster didn’t want to be eaten, they shouldn’t be so delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HideHunter
07-07-2019, 08:00 AM
Did you see where PETA was getting (they thought) too many of their Facebook posts deleted because much of their propaganda (my word) was showing cruelty to animals.?. So they bought shares.. They're beyond worthless... but they aren't dumb.