PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha! Here's a good one.

Thumper
07-08-2019, 09:06 AM
I was just dealing with a guy on eBay from Soddy Daisy, Tennessee. WTF??

I had to look it up to see if he was for real. According to Google, the town of Soddy and the town of Daisy merged back in the 60's to become Soddy Daisy. Ooookaaaay. ;)

Sorry, I just got a giggle out of it ... now that I re-read the post, it doesn't seem as funny as it did earlier. BUT ... it's slooooow as "F" around this joint lately, so who's gonna see this post anydamnway?

BarryBobPosthole
07-08-2019, 09:15 AM
I was in the AF with a guy who always said he was from Balls Crossing, Va. Sure enuf there is a neighborhood with that name in Arlngton.

BKB

Big Muddy
07-08-2019, 09:42 AM
MS has some weird ones, too....

Chicken Bone
Possum Neck
Why Not
SoSo
Panther Burn
Rolling Fork
Duck Hill

Thumper
07-08-2019, 10:10 AM
Yep, we've had these posts before. My favorite has always been from a girl I dated in High School when I lived in Mississippi. She was a tiny little thing and I called her "Little-Bit". She sure was a "peach"! (sorry, can't help myself sometimes) Odd, I remember all that, but for the life of me, I can't even remember her real name right now. She was from Climax, Georgia. I remember her telling me it was at the top (climax) of a hill and the highest point of the railroad line that came through town. It was so small, the only traffic light they had was a flashing caution light at the top of the hill.

DeputyDog
07-08-2019, 10:16 AM
My parents had a good friend that was from Soddy Daisy. It’s right outside of Chattanooga.

There is a Climax in Michigan too between Battle Creek and Kalamazoo.

Don’t forget about all of the good ones from Lancaster County PA like Blue Ball and Bird in Hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
07-08-2019, 11:09 AM
I still think Bald Knob should be top 5 in any list

BarryBobPosthole
07-08-2019, 11:55 AM
We have a town called Slapout. Locals say its because there used to be a store there that was always slap out of everything.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
07-08-2019, 11:57 AM
There is a Bald Knob in the Muddy Creek refuge over by Pencil Bluff, QA. Not that far from you. There’s also a Wolf Pinnacle place name over there too.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
07-08-2019, 02:46 PM
I was in the AF with a guy who always said he was from Balls Crossing, Va. Sure enuf there is a neighborhood with that name in Arlngton.

BKB

I’m sitting in the “Ballston” neighborhood of Arlington S I type. Balls Crossing is A couple of blocks away. They were both named after an early settler named John Ball and Balls Crossing was the site of either a Civil or Revolutionary War skirmish. It’s not really a neighborhood, at least not at this point, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
07-08-2019, 02:50 PM
There used to be a little country store here owned by two men named John Swindle and John Cheatum. Yep, the sign on the store actually said “Swindle and Cheatum”.

Rumor has it that both were church going men and as honest and upright man as you could find.

Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction

Thumper
07-08-2019, 02:53 PM
I remember Little-Bit would get a little homesick at times. Whenever she brought it up, I'd always say, "Heck, I can get you to Climax"! :biggrin

BarryBobPosthole
07-08-2019, 03:38 PM
I remember Little-Bit would get a little homesick at times. Whenever she brought it up, I'd always say, "Heck, I can get you to Climax"! :biggrin

I saw that one coming (no pun intended) from a mile away.s

BKB

quercus alba
07-08-2019, 03:41 PM
I figured he was talking about selling her a Cadillac from that dealership he worked at

Captain
07-08-2019, 08:49 PM
We have a Climax NC too.