PDA

View Full Version : To quote Hillary ....

Thumper
07-21-2019, 03:11 PM
.... "at this point, what difference does it make?"

On Friday I called Capitol One for some reason (can't even remember why) and during the conversation, the Customer Service rep. said she just wanted to verify that nothing has changed on my account as it has not been updated recently. Now, the account (VISA) was originally opened as a business account when I first started my business in 1989 and I've had a perfect payment record with them all these years. I verified that my name, address and phone number, etc. has not changed in the last 30 years. Ok, no problem, but then I opened my big mouth and mentioned that I actually shut the business down and retired in 2008. She acted surprised and said, "Oh, then we'll have to close your account!"

I asked why and she said, "You can't have a business account if you have no business". She then said if I want a different account, I'll have to contact them and apply for a new account! I then said this account is under my name with my personal address and I've had the account for 30 years with a perfect payment record, can't they just "roll it over" from a business account to a consumer account? That way there will not be a new "hit" on my credit report, plus I'll have a 30 year track record with them which reflects well on my credit history. She said they could not and they're going to close my account immediately (which she did) and I will get my final billing with my next statement.

WTF? I told her adios and I MIGHT be opening a new account, but it will NOT be with Capitol One! WTF?

As a side note, I've had a half dozen different accounts with AmEx over the years (From Green to Gold, to Business Platinum, to consumer Platinum plus some sort of Blue card thingy somewhere in there) and my history as an AmEx account holder has never been interrupted. Right on the front of my card (and on my credit report) it says, "Member since 1984".

Chicken Dinner
07-22-2019, 01:00 PM
Banks are almost as bad as insurance company’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arty
07-23-2019, 03:11 AM
Sounds like you talk too much! Shut your pho hole next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
07-23-2019, 08:45 AM
Sounds like you talk too much! Shut your pho hole next time!

Ha ha ha! Yeah, I guess you're right. TBH, when I posted this, I couldn't even remember why I was speaking to Customer Service in the first place. I guess I was so pissed, it slipped my mind (which happens quite often these days).

As I was clearing my desk, I found the reason. She asked questions, I answered them.

The point is, I also had an AmEx Business account and they simply converted it to a consumer account after I closed my business. I lost NO credit history with them. The reason I even bother changing accounts is that on a business account, the benefits are more business related and on consumer accounts, they are more consumer related. Makes sense. On the Capital One account, it just didn't make that much difference to me because 99% of my charges go on my AmEx. (I only use Capital One if I'm someplace where they don't accept AmEx) I could give a squat about their service, but I DO keep a close eye on my credit report and the longevity and good standing with their card is the only reason I'd stay loyal to them. What ticked me off is the service rep simply saying I'm SOL and if I want to remain a customer, I'll just have to apply for a new card and my previous history with them doesn't mean shit. If I'd known what pricks they were going to be about it, I'd have simply acted as though I were still in business.

Anyway, here's why I called them in the first place: (she said they were simply updating their records)