PDA

View Full Version : No wonder yer wimmins are always callin’ me!

Thumper
08-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Youse dufes are BORING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeputyDog
08-01-2019, 05:53 PM
I’ve been too busy entertaining my son and some of his friends out in the lake.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190801/9fc6af2c67cf291d97356115ba979c5e.jpg

Thumper
08-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Man, there are some really cool water toys around these days and that looks like a blast. When we were kids, we made a toboggan out of plywood and had metal bars running down the sides as hand-holds. We could fit 3-4 kids at a time on that thing and it must have weighed 40-50 lbs empty. My buddy's dad used to haul us around the lake on that thing and eventually would start spinning donuts. Since it was just a flat-bottomed piece of 3/4" marine plywood, we'd have to really lean away from the spin to keep the side from digging in. I swear, we'd get that thing into a 100 mph spin skittering across that lake ... UNTIL we caught the wake after a 360! That 50 pound hunk of wood and metal would flip us off and we'd all (including the toboggan) fly through the air. I swear, it's a wonder none of us were ever killed or seriously injured ... but somehow, that plywood missile and our young bodies never ended up in the same spot at the same time. (or landed on top of a gator!) ;)

Of course we also had no seat belts or padded dashes in our cars and never wore helmets and knee/elbow pads while riding our skateboards or bicycles either. :hair

DeputyDog
08-01-2019, 08:07 PM
My first “knee board” was a piece of plywood cut into a circle and we used real inner tubes for tubing.

You had to crank start your cars too didn’t you? [emoji13]

Thumper
08-01-2019, 08:23 PM
Ha! I forgot about the tubing! We used tractor tire tubes.

Oh, and regarding that last comment ... BITE ME! ;)

quercus alba
08-01-2019, 08:47 PM
I may need to get some advice from kribbs and posthole on this retirement thing. I helped pick four gallons of figs this morning , ran around town all day and managed to get in a short nap before going out to set some gopher traps. Packing tonight to go see my oldest grandson tomorrow and still haven’t been fishing yet

I need to reboot

Big Muddy
08-02-2019, 08:51 AM
QA,why doncha mosey on over to Lake Chicot, and I’ll put you on some great crappie, catfish, and bream fishing.

Thumper
08-02-2019, 10:16 AM
Hey Muddy. We're thinkin' of a road trip to Jackson/Vicksburg in the near future. Lynn has caught the fishing bug (out of the blue for some silly reason), but we just haven't had the time to try anything even half-way serious. (sat on the bank ONE evening and couldn't even catch a dang cat fish!) Maybe we could run north a couple more hours and drown some bait up your way ... and MAYBE she could catch her FIRST fish (if you know any good guides up Chicot way). ;)

We have NOTHING planned yet, I just wanted to go up that way to visit the old stomping grounds around Vicksburg. Maybe we could put something together and surprise her with a little side trip. (I'd have to hide a coupl'a fishing poles in the car, but that should be easy) We'd prolly be able to swing a couple of blank days in our (so far) non-existent schedule. What'cha think? Know anybody? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
08-02-2019, 12:24 PM
You must have a hella garage to keep that thing in.

BKB

Thumper
08-02-2019, 01:09 PM
You must have a hella garage to keep that thing in. BKB

Ummm, I think it deflates! ;)

(or just store it in the boat)

quercus alba
08-02-2019, 02:02 PM
I appreciate the offer Eddie but here lately I haven’t had time to think blink or flip a switch. Maybe between dove season and deer season we can work some out. My wife is always up for a road trip

Big Muddy
08-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Hey Muddy. We're thinkin' of a road trip to Jackson/Vicksburg in the near future. Lynn has caught the fishing bug (out of the blue for some silly reason), but we just haven't had the time to try anything even half-way serious. (sat on the bank ONE evening and couldn't even catch a dang cat fish!) Maybe we could run north a couple more hours and drown some bait up your way ... and MAYBE she could catch her FIRST fish (if you know any good guides up Chicot way). ;)

We have NOTHING planned yet, I just wanted to go up that way to visit the old stomping grounds around Vicksburg. Maybe we could put something together and surprise her with a little side trip. (I'd have to hide a coupl'a fishing poles in the car, but that should be easy) We'd prolly be able to swing a couple of blank days in our (so far) non-existent schedule. What'cha think? Know anybody? ;)

Thump, sorry for the delay, my p/t job has gone from being very quiet to very hectic.....the big bosses call me, when there's a problem, so as long as they sign my check, I'm gonna be there for them.
Heck yeah, I know a great fishing spot at Chicot, along with a free guide, too.....it's called "Big Muddy's Fishing Pier".....plenty of shade, free snacks, soda pops, bait, fishing poles, lounge chairs, and guaranteed fish.....and, if we're lucky, my neighbor's girlfriend will be sunbathing next door. ;)

Thumper
08-03-2019, 12:39 PM
Well dang! It sounds like maybe I should leave Lynn at home! ;)

The trip is in the “talk about” stage right now, but I could light a fire under someone's butt to turn it into a “making solid plans” trip. Is there a broad time frame I should shoot for? Lynn has to work around schedules and large Convention Center events, etc. to plan time off.

Big Muddy
08-03-2019, 02:17 PM
Thump, wish I could be more definitive about my schedule, but as a private contractor, I am at their beck and call, and they prefer that I be onsite within 18-24 hours of being notified.....prolly be best for you guys to make your plans, and I'll just do my dangdest to work around it for your convenience.