PDA

View Full Version : Thumper

Bwana
08-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Heading down your way for a conference on September 7th and heading home on the 12th. Would be cool if I could tag along with you on one of your eBay expeditions but sadly have to attend the conference all day long. Probably a good thing as I am afraid I could get hooked on finding treasures but I would want to keep them instead of sell them.

Thumper
08-02-2019, 11:51 AM
Where will you be Bwana? Tampa? Orlando/Disney?

Prolly 95% of the estate sales in this area are generally on Fri-Sat, or possibly Thurs-Sat if it's a big one, so your timing would be a bit off anyway.

That said, I'm sure we could find time to at least hook up for some Lutefisk or pickled herring maybe. ;)

Bwana
08-05-2019, 02:00 PM
Will actually be staying at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando but ground transportation is going to be limited to Uber, etc.

Though we will be arriving on a Saturday I'm pretty sure my wife would not be impressed if I were to spend my limited amount of free time hitting garage sales. Maybe I will have to explain how you've become a millionaire doing it. ;-)

Thumper
08-05-2019, 02:58 PM
Well, she'll be safe I guess. I don't do yard or garage sales. My theory is, at a yard sale, they're simply selling stuff they don't want anymore for one reason or the other, yet it's too good to throw away. That does NOT mean you can't score at one, it's just that you usually have to hit 20 of them and wade through 80-tons of trash to score a nice find. Estate sales are my passion. They're full of stuff that nobody ever had any intention of selling, or giving/throwing away. Essentially, you seldom have to dig through the "trash" to find something nice. It all boils down to price. Some estate sale companies are priced high and end up with a lower volume of sales, while others are there to EMPTY the house so the family can sell it. The latter is what I prefer.

That said, the reason your wife will be safe is, Saturday is normally the last day for the sales in this area, so late Saturday would be nothing but the left-overs ... which ain't usually very productive. Add that to the fact the sales usually shut down around 1:00-3:00 pm, so you probably wouldn't have time to hit any of them anyway.

BTW, Loews is 45-mins. from me, so if you get any free time, I'm sure I could slip over and let you buy me a beer. :beer

quercus alba
08-05-2019, 03:01 PM
tell her you're hitting some of the local whorehouses. When she gets through laughing she'll tell you to go ahead and see if she cares

Bwana
08-05-2019, 04:44 PM
Sounds like the voice of experience talking there qa ;)

Thumper
08-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Dang Bwana, if you want a set of wheels, I could get Lynn to follow me and we could leave one of our cars for you, then slip back over to pick it up when you leave. BUT, the last I checked, they have a $22/day (self) parking fee and $29/day valet (add tips to the valet and you could make a car payment!) I guess you could Uber a lot cheaper! Of course if the conference is picking up your hotel charges, maybe they pick up the parking also. (?)

At least with a car, you could get out of that pricey entertainment area and see where you really are.

quercus alba
08-05-2019, 06:56 PM
Sounds like the voice of experience talking there qa ;)

well, mine does find the thought of other women letting me have sex with them somewhat humorous. I think her exact words were "what can't get up can't get out". A word of advice, don't respond to that with " well maybe it's tired of the same old mare".

Bad idea

Bwana
08-06-2019, 10:09 AM
:laughing

Thanks for the offer Thump, but don't think I will have enough free time to warrant causing you so much hassle. It would be neat if we could get together for supper some evening if it works out.