PDA

View Full Version : Another busy weekend

jb
08-22-2019, 09:09 AM
On Saturday, our little town host the Ironman 70.3 Triathlon. 2500 participants will swim 1.2 miles, bike 56 miles, and end up running 13.1 miles.
I was scheduled to take part but realized I had to mow my lawn on Saturday.:wink
Gas prices already jumped 50 cents, and motels added an extra $100 a night to their already higher summer rates.
We usually go out to eat on Friday nights, but looks like we'll have to stay home.

DeputyDog
08-22-2019, 09:18 AM
Too bad you had to mow. I think you probably had a shot at a top finish.

With school starting, it won’t be long until you get your quiet town back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
08-22-2019, 09:20 AM
Busy for us too.

Not with triathletes but the boys are both coming home, surprise birthday party Friday night, put a brisket on the Traeger when we get home, eat said brisket for dinner the next day, and a wedding dance on Saturday night. I'm thinking a Sunday afternoon nap might sound good but doubt it will happen.

Thumper
08-22-2019, 09:54 AM
I don’t know if this is considered a “busy” weekend or not, but I’m loading up the car as I speak. We’ll be hitting the road in about an hour to spend a few days at a nice beach resort (East coast). Will be back Monday evening. Youse dufes have fun.

BarryBobPosthole
08-22-2019, 11:57 AM
We’re heading to the St Louis area for a wedding. I am already catching hell because I’m wearing jeans and Tony Lamas and a nice shirt. Haven’t worn slacks since I retired from the goombah race and don’t plan to. Besides, I wore a suit to this guy’s last wedding and look how that turned out.

BKB

quercus alba
08-22-2019, 12:32 PM
there's a pretty good chance I'll be going white perch fishing Saturday so I guess I'm booked up all weekend to. Need to try out my new fish cleaning table anyway

Arty
08-23-2019, 12:28 AM
Need to try out my new fish cleaning table anyway

I hope you stink it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
08-23-2019, 05:56 AM
Catch a big mess QA!

BkB