PDA

View Full Version : An EXCELLENT use of resources!

Thumper
08-29-2019, 05:15 PM
I have a low spot in the backyard that fills with water in extremely heavy rain and it will back up to one of the sliding glass doors in the back of the house. Once the rain stops, it drains pretty quickly. There was an underground drain back there that would divert the water to the street (prolly 100 feet or so). When I had all the tractor work done ... removing the pool and replacing the septic tank and drain field ... that drain got destroyed and buried. I "kind'a" forgot about it until this hurricane started making a bee-line for me. Now I have a feeling the water will back up there and most likely come under the sliding glass door into the lower part of the house (I have a tri-level). Sooo, this afternoon I headed over to pick up some free sandbags the county supplies. I got 15 of 'em which should be more than enough. :thumbsup

The Sheriff's Department had a bus load of prisoners out there ... like the old chain-gangs ... filling sandbags in the 94-degree heat! Ha! Better them than me! I sat in the a/c while they loaded me up. Do the crime, do the time boys! ;)

In all seriousness, it was really appreciated and all those convicts were polite and not that bad to be around. Prolly just working off their "public service" for minor b/s.

quercus alba
08-29-2019, 05:49 PM
having worked around the court system for the last ten years or so, they're not likely to be murders and child molesters. Mostly drunks, meth heads and child support. Sometimes the deputy will buy them a coke each and a pack of smokes to split for which they're extremely grateful. I've dealt with them a lot and most of them are pretty decent guys. They'd like to have a home, family and a job but they've got caught up in a vacuum and can't get out. They're not throwaways like much much of America thinks.

And then some are just stupid thugs

DeputyDog
08-29-2019, 06:14 PM
having worked around the court system for the last ten years or so, they're not likely to be murders and child molesters. Mostly drunks, meth heads and child support. Sometimes the deputy will buy them a coke each and a pack of smokes to split for which they're extremely grateful. I've dealt with them a lot and most of them are pretty decent guys. They'd like to have a home, family and a job but they've got caught up in a vacuum and can't get out. They're not throwaways like much much of America thinks.

And then some are just stupid thugs

That’s been my experience too. Most of them, even ones that have been in the system a lot, will be decent as long as you don’t treat them like a piece of shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk