PDA

View Full Version : Here ya' go Bubba!

Thumper
08-30-2019, 09:51 AM
There's an estate sale coming up next weekend and the guy was obviously a re-loader and most likely, shot a few clay birds in his day. There's a BIG ol' giant box of shotshell hulls in the garage that could prolly keep you busy for a while. Want me to ship 'em to ya'? ;)

Bwana
08-30-2019, 10:54 AM
Ship the AA's and Gun Club's to jb and just hold onto the fancy over/under trap gun until I get there when I can arrange shipping to my FFL.

Thumper
08-30-2019, 11:11 AM
I saw some reloading gear in the pics, but no guns Bwana. That doesn't mean there won't be any, but it's usually an indication the family came in and did a bit of cherry-picking before scheduling the sale.

jb
08-30-2019, 03:41 PM
Good catch, but mostly the wrong color.
Don't do AA's, strictly a Remington (green) reloader.
Thanks for thinking of me though.

Thumper
08-30-2019, 05:01 PM
The green one's are on the bottom. ;)

Considering the volume of hulls, I'm assuming he was into trap and/or skeet as they all appear to be low brass. I've never re-loaded, so I'm clueless, but if you're re-loading with your own primers and powder preferences, what difference does the color (or manufacturer) of the hull make? Is there really that much difference? Or do you just like to keep all your ammo the same color? Serious question.

Bwana
09-04-2019, 10:09 AM
Hulls from different manufacturers can require different components, especially the wads. So if you are going to reload several thousand rounds of ammo you want to be able to set your reloader and go, not having to worry about accidentally using the wrong components or having to spend time readjusting the reloader when you switch hull brands.

Thumper
09-04-2019, 10:19 AM
Didn't know that. Thanks Bwana. So, separate by color and have at it! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
09-04-2019, 10:55 AM
The mark of a true salesman....

BKB

Thumper
09-04-2019, 11:17 AM
The mark of a true salesman....BKB

Well, I WAS gonna offer to separate them myself, but I'm retired. ;)

jb
09-04-2019, 12:20 PM
Yup, what Bwana said.