PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch'a maroons!

Thumper
08-30-2019, 11:23 AM
I talked to a buddy of mine this morning and he said he'd just returned from Wallyworld. He said it was CRAZY and it was like 10 Black Fridays all rolled into one. He said they ran out of bottled water and when the forklift driver came out of the back with a couple more pallets, it almost caused a riot with people fighting over the stuff! Dang folks! There's NO reason for this chaos. This is so stupid! Number one, in ALL the hurricanes I've been through, we've never, ever ... even once, lost water service. Now some rural customers might be on wells with no back-up generator, but really? There are other things you can store water in other than little plastic bottles. Hello! What did we do before it became fashionable to walk around 24/7 with a little bottle of water in our hands? I won't even mention the crazy lines at the gas stations. I went by Sam's yesterday and there was a tanker dumping his load into the tanks, with ANOTHER tanker waiting in line right behind him. How frigging big are those underground tanks anydamnway? The gas lines look like flashbacks to the embargo days of the 70's. The grocery stores? Good luck finding a frigging loaf of bread! It's nuts!

Bwana
08-30-2019, 04:10 PM
I'm hoping this is a bunch of hype for nothing but the news keeps stirring pot.

Arty
08-30-2019, 06:32 PM
It does look bad, and while I’m sure you will have water to drink, I just hope you don’t have major damage....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
08-30-2019, 07:19 PM
Me too Arty. I'm still recovering from Irma and Allstate's almost worthless "Hurricane Insurance Coverage"!

DeputyDog
08-30-2019, 09:32 PM
Maybe that disbursement you got from the disaster relief fund was an advanced payment [emoji12]

Hope not. Hoping you ride it out without damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk