PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Lowe's!

Thumper
08-30-2019, 01:46 PM
I ran over to Lowe's today to pick up a couple of small items. Of course, the lot was packed with last minute shoppers getting hurricane stuff. But, I noticed, other than the usual handicapped parking spaces, they had 6-8 spaces marked "Veteran Parking Only". I haven't been to Lowe's in a while as Home Depot is just a little closer and easier to get to, but they BOTH offer Veteran's discounts (10%). I wasn't aware of the parking thing at Lowe's and assume it's relatively new, but it sure is appreciated and I benefited from it today. Thanks Lowe's!

I snapped a pic of the sign. The spaces are close to the entry doors.

I just wonder how they enforce it? It's not like having a handicap tag hanging from your mirror. Heck, I don't even know if they DO enforce it, but I have this plate on my truck (complete with loose sandbag material), so it's a no-brainer knowing I parked there legally. Anyway, it is appreciated and I haven't been to Home Depot lately, so I don't know if they have a similar program or not.

johnboy
08-30-2019, 01:59 PM
I put veteran plates on my vehicles last year.

Bwana
08-30-2019, 04:12 PM
Cool stuff. Lowe's does the same thing here.

Big Muddy
08-30-2019, 04:45 PM
Prolly wouldn't go over down here.....the perfectly healthy "entitled democrats" would park there, anyway.....just like they do in the handicapped spaces.

Chicken Dinner
08-30-2019, 07:09 PM
Harris Teeter (grocery store) does it here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
08-30-2019, 07:25 PM
Well, I fired off a nice email to Lowe's Corporate FWIW. I have a Home Depot and a Lowe's both close to the house, but the Home Depot is a little easier access for me. I informed Corporate of that, but also informed them I have now reversed my priority. I'll hit Lowe's first and just use Home Depot for back-up in case Lowe's doesn't have what I need. (instead of the other way around)

Thumper
08-30-2019, 07:36 PM
C.D. ... We don't have Harris Teeter down here and frankly, I'd never heard of them before. While I was driving my truck, I picked up a load destined for a Teeter store in N. Carolina (the first time I'd ever heard of them). Once I made my delivery, I just shut down for the night on the Teeter truck holding lot (AGAINST their rules, but I kinda told the guard to bite me and did it anydamnway.)

I just happened to be in Cappy's neighborhood and gave him a call. He directed me to a small truck stop close to the police station so I parked my rig there, then he picked me up. We had breakfast and then hung around the station until my dispatcher called me with a load and I had to hit the road. It was a nice visit sitting in the Head Cheese's office and shooting the bull all morning. He had a really nice crew working for him and they all acted like family.

Chicken Dinner
08-30-2019, 08:37 PM
Their HQ is actually in the town, or at least right down the road, from Csppy’s place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk