PDA

View Full Version : Purty Suckers (coyotes)

Big Skyz
02-01-2013, 01:57 PM
While I shoot a lot of coyotes, most of them around here are full of cockle and houndstongue burrs. The burrs are so bad that it destroys the majority of the hides when it comes to any kind of fur value. However I've been lucky with my last two coyotes. I wish all coyotes were this nicely furred and pretty around here.

Female coyote that I howled in and tipped over at 225 yards. Shot was a little tricky as she was facing me. Not a lot of room for error as they aren't very wide.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/TroyCoyote1-19-13_zps796fd473.jpg

This super thick-furred big male also came into howls. It was an easy 140 broadside shot. I wish every coyote I shot looked like this. I expect I will get $60.00 or more for this one.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/TroyCoyote1-26-13CSM_zpsa0350969.jpg

Thumper
02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Wow! I can't imagine getting PAID to hunt! That REALLY looks like fun! Nice mutts. ;)

Captain
02-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Man those are super cool! You may not have a big limit on deer, but you more than make up for it in bullets down range at all kinda stuff! Congrats
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
02-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Is that Belt Butte in the background?

Big Skyz
02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Good eye Niner, it is indeed Belt Butte.

Cappy no doubt I have plenty of critters to keep the shooting sharp. Coyotes, foxes, rabbits, prairie dogs, badgers, gophers, squirrels, and raccoons, no limit and no season. Kill as many as you can afford ammo for. Big game isn't too shabby most years either. I can buy a deer buck tag, elk tag, and bear tag over the counter every year. Most years I draw an antelope tag. In good years when the herds are doing well I can usually pick up two antelope doe/fawn tags, and up to 5 deer doe/fawn tags, plus one extra cow elk tag. If you were counting that's 15 big game animals in a good year. Way more than my family and I can eat. Most years I just let those extra doe or cow tags in my pocket go unfilled intentionally. With most of my kids hunting now, in theory (if you include my wife) in our family we could kill 90 big animals. Frankly I don't want to do that much skinning and cutting stuff up.

Bwana
02-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Two questions, is the call the Hellfire? What is the make/model of the shooting iron?

Make it three, did you weigh up the big male? He looks like a brute.

Big Skyz
02-04-2013, 04:27 PM
No it's a CS24B, the only similarities in the Hellfire and the CS24B is the outward appearance. All the guts and power of the speaker/amp are completely different. The CS24B is a top of the line caller and possibly the best thing on the market in terms of volume and durability. The rifle is a Ruger Hawkeye Predator Rifle in 22-250 with a Bushnell 6500 Elite Tactical 4.5-30X50mm. Nope I never weighed the coyote. If I had to guess I'd say around 35 lbs or so.