PDA

View Full Version : CFB wee 5

quercus alba
09-24-2019, 11:49 AM
Last week was a disaster, I missed so many predictions that I feel like Jimmy the Greek. 6-7 for the week and 37-17 for the season. I predict I'll do no worse than 2-11 this week. kinda like Arkansas

1) Navy @ Memphis. I really like what Norvell is doing in Memphis, wish he was doing it at Arkansas, but I gotta go with Navy. 31-24 Middies

2) TTech @ Okla. I might be stupid but I ain't dumb.Sooners roll 51-28

3) Minn @ Purdue. I can see this rolling either way. Gophers have struggled against three mediocre opponents to I'm gonna say Purdue 28-24

4) Vir @ ND. I will be greatly surprised if the Cavs stay within ten points. Golden Domers 34-20

5) Miss st at Auburn. The War Eagles/Tigers have arguably the best defensive line in the SEC. State lives by the run. Auburn 28-17

6) K state @ Okie st. This has the potential to be one of the most entertaining games of the week. I'm going with Kansas st 35-31

7) Kentucky @ SCar. Tough pick here. Cocks 24-20

8) NCst @ Fl st. I don't know if this qualifies as an upset but I'm saying Felon State 30-27

9) Duke at Virginia tech. Sorry Hank, Dookies 28-27

10) Ole Miss @ Bama. I had to pick one I could get right after last week. Bama 45-14

11) USC @ Washington. Huskies 30-23

12) Wake @ BC. Boston college is a Jekyll and Hyde team, still I'm gonna say a close one 34-27 Wake

13) Arkansas - A&M. There is so much behind the death of Arkansas football. When Frank Broyles stepped down as AD, the Board of Trustees consisting of a bunch of rich old geezers jumped in and with Chancellor John White began to have far more input in football than was needed. Broyles had enough power and backing to hold them at bay but with him gone, they began to (pardon the expression) run hog wild. Jeff long refused to be controlled so he was fired and an interim AD (Julia Peoples) who was more compliant was put in charge. She fired Beilima on the field which was a classless move for starters.

Long story short, When you put a woman who wants to show that she's as good as a man in a position of power and she's being controlled by men like the BOT along with added pressure from Jerry Jones, Chad Morris is what you get.

Texas A&M 73 Arkansas 3

DeputyDog
09-24-2019, 01:04 PM
I’d glad you have so much faith in Purdue, but their QB is still in the concussion protocol going on three weeks after the injury. Their backup got better as their last game went on, but he’s still just a redshirt Freshman and their running game has been anemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
09-24-2019, 01:23 PM
Is the PAC 12 crazy as a bedbug this year or what? I can’t find any disagreements this week.

Is Mike Gundy feeling his oats or what? Usually when he’s smarting off like this is when he’s feeling too big for his britches. I’m not sure if K State is the team to give them their comeuppance, but I hope so.

OSU would’ve beat Texas at Their house but for Gundy’s dumbassery.

BKb

Chicken Dinner
09-24-2019, 03:30 PM
Pick against both of my teams. See if I care! Sniff[emoji22]

In all seriousness, I give you a lot of credit for trying to pick both of those match ups. There’s just no telling how any of those four teams are going to play come the weekend at this point.

quercus alba
09-24-2019, 07:12 PM
Considering how many picks I missed this last week, that should bode for you

Chicken Dinner
09-27-2019, 11:21 AM
There’s a couple of potentially interesting games tonight with the Va Tech/Duke and MD/PSU matchups. I think both stadiums will be rocking under the lights.

Chicken Dinner
09-27-2019, 09:09 PM
Or not...

quercus alba
09-27-2019, 09:27 PM
When did John Chavis start coaching techs defense Hank

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2019, 09:37 AM
You know what a razorback and a possum have in common?

They both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

BKB

quercus alba
09-28-2019, 02:51 PM
Why in hades do you have a rule where a wide receiver is considered ineligible because he’s covered up? Covered up? A wide receiver?

They’re going to regulate the game to death with these bs rules.

I think we live in the most dumbass period of history since creation

BarryBobPosthole
09-28-2019, 03:05 PM
Officiating is horrible in college football. I will pick on the Big 12 because that is most of the games I watch.

In our game today, Taco Tech’s center,#73, has literally held on every single pass play. Every. Single. Play. Been called once.
And once for ineligible downfield. And like three times for an illegal cut block, the cheating bastard.
How is it a db can screw up once and get ejected, buta dolt like this will prolly get a helmet sticker.

BKB

quercus alba
09-28-2019, 03:53 PM
More dumbass rules in bama game. Took a touchdown off the board because you can’t advance a muffed punt. Who sits around and thinks up this stupid crap?

DeputyDog
09-28-2019, 06:24 PM
QA, don’t bother picking Purdue any more this season. Their QB, who was just back from a concussion got taken out today and on the same play, their All-American, Heisman candidate, Rondale Moore tore up his knee.