PDA

View Full Version : Its Raw!

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2019, 02:16 PM
39 and misting rain, headed to the 20’s the next few days.

Its colder than a well diggers butt!

And raw too. We prolly had another couple inches of rain yesterday and last night and in the 40’s.

Back when I was a deer hunter I loved this shit. I’ve killed a lot of deer on wet, raw days. Now I’m just waiting for it to get dry enough to go fishing!

BKB

Thumper
10-30-2019, 02:29 PM
89 here today. Gonna be mid to low 80’s for the next couple weeks with a coupl’a 78’s thrown in for good measure.

DeputyDog
10-30-2019, 02:42 PM
40 and rain here too. Looks like it’s going to rain through tomorrow too. The 10 day forecast is calling for highs in the 30’s to the mid 40’s for the entire time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
10-30-2019, 05:59 PM
Suppose to be in the 30's here over the weekend.....just about everybody around here had a real sheeity duck season, last year.....but, I'm stoked and ready for the season to open, this year.....instead of corn or milo or millet, I planted rice in my dick holes, this year, and I'm glad I did because anything else would have gotten drowned out from all the flooding spring rains.....I got a good feeling about this one particular 5 acre hole.....all that beautiful golden stuff is rice, standing in 18 inches of water.

Chicken Dinner
10-30-2019, 08:48 PM
Raining like hell here tonight through tomorrow followed by our first freeze of the season over the weekend.

BarryBobPosthole
10-30-2019, 09:49 PM
Suppose to be in the 30's here over the weekend.....just about everybody around here had a real sheeity duck season, last year.....but, I'm stoked and ready for the season to open, this year.....instead of corn or milo or millet, I planted rice in my duck holes, this year, and I'm glad I did because anything else would have gotten drowned out from all the flooding spring rains.....I got a good feeling about this one particular 5 acre hole.....all that beautiful golden stuff is rice, standing in 18 inches of water.

Miserable weather and duck hunting go together like peas and carrots! Makes me miss whiskey flasks and thermoses and duck blinds.

BKB

HideHunter
11-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Out the window of "my" combine..

and the next morning..

We're having a hell of a time getting anything done.. about 2000 acres to go..

DeputyDog
11-01-2019, 02:07 PM
We got cold overnight, it was about 28 this morning when I went to work, and it spit some snow last night but nothing stuck.

I was supposed to head to Dubuque for the weekend for a board meeting for multi-state gang investigators association I’m involved in. Now I’m glad that my schedule got changed and I wasn’t able to go. I’m not ready to drive in that stuff yet.