PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treat

BarryBobPosthole
11-01-2019, 12:42 PM
Man, I guess I know why we’re not on the ‘good house’ list.

We live in a neighborhood, so there are literally hundreds of kids and hundreds of parents with them out on halloween night. Julie took the grandsons trick or treating and we’re in the middle of extreme puppy stress so I left the light off and didn’t give out any candy this year. My grandsons spent a couple of hours at it and I swear they came home with over $100 worth of candy. Its ridiculous. Not fun size stuff we give out. Full size candy bars, full size everything. No wonder Oklahoma is the type II diabetes capital of the world.

Sheesh. I remember getting homemade popcorn balls and fruit. This stuff is out of hand!

BKB

Thumper
11-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Lynn and I were both just too danged tired to fool with it last night and did the same ... turned off all outside lights and avoided the whole Halloween thing. It's the first year we've done that. Well, actually, we were on a Panama Canal cruise on Halloween last year, so I guess, technically, this is the second time we "weren't home". I have no clue what the neighbors hand out, but luckily, all the candy we'd purchased to hand out, is stuff I like! ;)

DeputyDog
11-01-2019, 03:08 PM
They postponed a lot of the trick or treating around here last night due to the weather. They’ll have another go at it tonight. We live just far enough out of town that we don’t get any trick or treaters so it doesn’t matter that we were gone last night and will be again tonight.

I live about 40 miles from Fort Wayne which is the second largest city in Indiana and my daughter is a member of the Fort Wayne Children’s Choir. Last night they performed with the Windsbacher Knabenchor, which is a German boy’s choir and is considered one of the most renowned in Europe.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191101/c95e548b237c6c1ad4f370187104b32f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-01-2019, 04:30 PM
Now that is neat.

BKB