PDA

View Full Version : Opening day is canceled !

jb
11-12-2019, 12:55 PM
For us at least. The area we hunt is in our snow belt, Lake Effect Snow usually dumps the heaviest amount here.
Last night we got hit bad, it's still snowing now. My house was on the outer edge of the Lake Effect band that came off Lake Michigan, we go about 12" with more coming.
Our hunt area was dead center, 33" and counting.
Our hunt area is about 2 miles down a two track, even my 4X4 ain't going to make it through that kind of stuff.
So, opening day (Friday) is out, we'll see what Saturday brings.
That much snow really makes deer movement very tough on those critters, so I don't think we'll miss much.

Thumper
11-12-2019, 02:36 PM
I just heard on the news that 11-foot waves are battering the coast of Lake Michigan. Sunny and 80 degrees here right now. Come on down! (Like the other eleventy-bazillion snowbirds rolling into town this month) :(

Big Skyz
11-12-2019, 05:40 PM
This is just a bummer. Kind of a too much of a good thing when it comes to deer hunting.

Chicken Dinner
11-12-2019, 05:48 PM
Sorry to hear that JB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Time for indoor sports!

BKB

Captain
11-14-2019, 10:04 PM
I been telling you for years there are road that go south from that God Forsaken place.
Yalls brains must be frozen to stay there.
That is all. Carry on!

jb
11-15-2019, 09:25 AM
Maybe tomorrow, temps will be in the low 30's with some sun.
Will check out the road conditions later today.
Besides the snow today, winds are in the 20mph range, would not be a good day in the woods.
Can't remember missing an opening day in the past 40 years, so today is sort of special day in a bad way.