PDA

View Full Version : Well duh!

Thumper
11-22-2019, 09:46 AM
My little brother started smoking cigarettes in high school and has smoked all his life. I many times asked him when or if he was going to try to quit, but he always said, "For what? I enjoy my smokes."

Well, now he's dying from cancer. I forgot the type, but the docs say it's 100% from cigarettes. NOW he says he wishes he'd never started smoking.

I feel a bit guilty for not feeling sorry for him, but we've been estranged for many, many years and he's a total 100% asshole IMO. Still, I wonder why, in this day and age, many kids still don't get it?

Bwana
11-22-2019, 10:28 AM
A VERY sad reality for certain. The problem is that when you are young those things, dying from doing stupid shit, are always going to happen to someone else.

Sorry to hear about your brother Thump.

Chicken Dinner
11-22-2019, 11:12 AM
Vaping is all the rage today. Many kids I know who would never think of lighting a cigarette are completely addicted to ecigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Skyz
11-22-2019, 11:38 AM
ecigs are a HUGE problem with today's youth. At my former school in Montana over 80% had tried them and 70% used them regularly. Thump, I hear where you are coming from. I kind'a feel the same way about people that absolutely do not take care of themselves and become severely obese by over eating and eating food that is terrible for them. Then they wonder why they have so many health problems later in life. Don't get me wrong I don't wish poor health or misery on anyone, but I have a hard time feeling bad for Walmart electric cart beast with her cart full of junk food and prescription drugs. It's kind of that "Well duh" reaction you mentioned.

Big Muddy
11-22-2019, 12:05 PM
Sky, funny you should mention the electric WM carts.....about 2 weeks ago, one of those beastly 400 pound ladies in a cart followed me around the store, and kept "accidentally" bumping into me, asking me where this or that item was located.....the last straw for me was when she asked me where the "personal lubricant" was located.
I ignored her for a moment, but as I was leaving the automotive section, I picked up a quart of 10W-30 motor oil, and handed it to her, and walked off.....I sure hope, I don't run into her at WM, again, 'cause she can prolly whip my azz. ;)

Big Skyz
11-22-2019, 12:39 PM
Hahahaha

Thumper
11-22-2019, 12:46 PM
Should'a tried the 90W gear oil or wheel bearing grease. ;)