PDA

View Full Version : Hey Thump

DeputyDog
11-26-2019, 09:28 AM
Not sure if you’re into listening to any podcasts, but I think you should really check this one out since you have a personal connection with the subject of these two episodes.

Check out the Dinner With Racers podcast. They just dropped a two parter on Smokey Yunick. They first part is with his daughter and the second part is them getting some of his competition to tell stories about him. The episodes about Smokey are numbers 133 and 134.

The background on the podcast is that it is hosted by Ryan Eversley, who is a sports car driver, and Sean Heckman, who is a PR rep in racing. They travel around and just like the title says, have dinner with various figures from the racing world and do life story type of interviews with them. It’s informal and they go into a lot of off the wall topics with the people they interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
11-26-2019, 09:36 AM
Ha ha ha! It sounds interesting, but you're talking to a technical dinosaur here. Heck, my internet connection is still DSL, which was the hot ticket when I upgraded from dial-up in the early 90's! My tv has been on basic cable since I moved into this place in 1989! I've heard of pod casts, but have no clue what one is or how I would listen to it. Help an old man out, youngster. ;)

As a kid, I spent quite a bit of time at his "Best Damn Garage in Town". I heard it burned down about 10 years ago. :(

DeputyDog
11-26-2019, 09:47 AM
You can go to dinnerwithracers.com on your computer and scroll down to see those episodes.

Or if you want to listen on your phone if you have a smartphone iPhones have the podcast app already on it. Open that and search for Dinner with Racers. If you have an Android phone install a podcast app and then search for Dinner with Racers.

Thumper
11-26-2019, 09:51 AM
Cool! I have a 'puter AND an iPhone, so I'll figure it out. Thanks for the heads-up. Smokey is a real character and there will never be another like him.

DeputyDog
11-26-2019, 10:55 AM
If you like it, check out some of their older episodes. The early ones were focused a lot on sports car drivers, but they have two-parters with Mario Andretti, Tony Stewart, and Bobby Unser. They did a multi-part on Alan Kulwicki and have one with Bobby Allison and even “The Hurst Golden Shifter Girl” Linda Vaughn.

BarryBobPosthole
11-26-2019, 11:00 AM
Thumper thinks a podcast is when you fish with peas.

BKB