PDA

View Full Version : Change of plans ....

Thumper
12-14-2019, 11:09 AM
We were leaving today for Ft. Lauderdale and planned to just relax tonight, then catch the cruise out'ta there tomorrow. When we got up this morning, we decided to just kind'a chill at home today and load the car up this evening, then head out early in the morning to catch the cruise. Not sure why, we both just woke up and said, "screw it" ... let's relax today. ;)

Anyway, we'll be out'ta here and kicking back in the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Dominican Republic and a couple others I can't even remember now for our "Christmas cruise" this year. Screwing with dead trees, lights, decorations and crazed last minute shoppers, traffic and endless Christmas music just ain't our thing. Bah Humbug!!

Nothing special planned, we're just gonna wing it and have a relaxing trip ... with LOTS of eating of course. Heck, we have a nice balcony cabin so we may not even leave the ship, who knows? Well, I might have time to drop in to harass youse dufes a couple times in various ports when I find wi-fi, otherwise, I'm gonna be "disconnected" ... which ain't persactly a bad thing. This is the second time we've done this for Christmas and it's a lot more fun and much less work than staying home and doing the multiple Christmas party thing. I even retired from my "playing Santa" duties a few years ago. Well, it "may" have been helped along by the little brat kid who busted Santa a while back. I forgot to take my dress shoes and had to appear as Santa wearing my distinctive BLUE Nike sneakers. Then some punk-ass little 7-year old hollered, "Hey, Santa is wearing Uncle Jimmy's shoes!!"

Once all those smart-assed little rugrats put their heads together, they decided Santa was a fraud and Uncle Jimmy is part of the deception. BUT ... we got 'em back the following Christmas by hiring a professional Santa. I disappeared just before "Santa" entered, then as the kids were all proclaiming it was "JUST" Uncle Jimmy, I walked into the room. I "think" the stunt restored their faith that Santa is real and they were wrong all along that Uncle Jimmy was a fraud. ;)

TBH, I don't mind "Santa retirement" as these Christmas cruises are the tits! :thumbsup

quercus alba
12-14-2019, 12:49 PM
Tis the season the UPS drivers earn their money

DeputyDog
12-14-2019, 02:48 PM
Tis the season the UPS drivers earn their money

Same for the porch pirates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
12-15-2019, 12:45 PM
At the port and getting ready to make a major dent in the cruise line’s grocery budget! First stop ... sushi bar!! :)

BarryBobPosthole
12-15-2019, 12:58 PM
.....sushi bar followed by four days of the squirts aboard a floating petri dish.

BK

Big Muddy
12-15-2019, 04:05 PM
Day'um, bro., that sounds plum nasty.^^^^^ ;)

Thumper
12-15-2019, 06:11 PM
.....sushi bar followed by four days of the squirts aboard a floating petri dish.

BK

Ha! I just checked my account with this cruise line and we have 67 cruise days logged. Never a sick day so far! I’ve decided to pig out on surf and turf night. Hold the steak and just keep bringing the lobster until I cry Uncle! ;)