PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha ha! They'll never get it .....

Thumper
12-30-2019, 09:28 AM
I love Thailand, but the "brains" behind the government are totally clueless .... and always have been. Their roads are some of the most dangerous in the world and I could write a book on why they are, but I wouldn't have time to finish it before I die of old age. Here's the latest entry I'd include in my book.

The carnage on Thai roadways is unbelievable and during any holiday the death toll skyrockets due to drunk driving. Yes, drunk driving is against the law in Thailand, but Thai drivers totally ignore 99% of any traffic laws, so in their infinite wisdom, the Thai authorities have figured a way to reduce the death toll. They have just erected a bunch of new signage along the roadways just in time for the super deadly New Year holidays.

See the sparkling new red sign on the left?

TRANSLATION: "Drive Slowly if Drunk"

Ha ha ha! Yep, that should do it! THAT problem's solved! NEXT!!! :crazy

airbud7
12-30-2019, 09:50 AM
maybe they should make a separate lane for drunk drivers only?....and while they're at it build one for the texting Folk too!

Big Muddy
12-30-2019, 10:52 AM
Correction, Thump, you know day'um well that sign says, "Me virgin, love soldier hard, you likey." ;)

Thumper
12-30-2019, 11:10 AM
I've driven those roads and have the scars to prove it. My best crash was when my buddy and I were riding side by side on motorcycles doing about 50-55 mph. A bus pulled out to pass us, then I assume somebody pulled the rope to signal they wanted to get off, so the driver pulled over right then and there. Problem was, he was midway through the pass and was right beside us. He took us both out! I guess he decided it wasn't a good idea to stop to see if we were dead or not and just kept on going. I guess the passenger who wanted off must have had to get off on down the road, then catch another bus back to where they wanted to get off originally. I dodged those lunatic drivers for 3-1/2 years and their driving skills haven't improved one iota since. Here's my first Thai driver's license. (Yeah, the hair thing? It was the monsoon season and I was soaked to the bone, so I just slicked my hair back!) ;)

Thai Driver's License, years 2515 - 2518 (1972-1975). So, I was 20 yrs. old in that pic.

11111 11112

I remember those narrow 2-lane highways always had massive head-on collisions between large trucks (usually log trucks carrying teak). I had to laugh as I was studying the handbook preparing for my written driver's license test. Under "Rules of the Road" it said: "The larger vehicle has the right-of-way!"

So, whenever two large trucks or buses (or cars, whatever) were approaching each other while passing, it was nothing more than a game of chicken! Or a battle of "my truck is bigger than your truck!" Needless to say, motorcycles were at the bottom of the pecking order.

Big Muddy
12-30-2019, 01:19 PM
You look like a very young pissed-off Nickolas Cage. ;)

Thumper
12-30-2019, 01:20 PM
Well, ummmm ... since he was only 8-years old at that time .... no. ;)

Thumper
12-30-2019, 01:22 PM
Ha! You edited your first post ...

Anyone ever tell you you look like Nickolas Cage back then?

Now my answer don't make much sense! :slaphead

Funny you mention "pissed off". I remember having that pic taken at the local police station ... they said I was not allowed to smile for the D/L pic.

airbud7
12-30-2019, 05:09 PM
Correction, Thump, you know day'um well that sign says, "Me virgin, love soldier hard, you likey." ;)

hahahahahaha^

Thumper
12-30-2019, 06:27 PM
Naaaa, in those days, it was more like, "Hey G.I. .... you hansum man ... me love you long time!"

Arty
12-31-2019, 12:12 AM
Top left corner of that license clearly says you are Gay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
12-31-2019, 06:39 AM
And this response will clearly say, “Bite Me!” ;)