PDA

View Full Version : Accounting Transparency

Thumper
01-01-2020, 09:02 AM
Well, I just closed the books on the 2019 Official Good Hunting Expense Ledger and we still have a balance of $472.36 on the books. I could print up a detailed ledger to copy here, but I'm too lazy. If'n ya' wants one, contact the IRS and have 'em send an agent over for an official audit. ;)

Seriously, I've just been too lazy to update it digitally and it's in an old fashioned hand-written ledger right now. Odd, but with the "old guard", we had to have annual fund raisers to keep the lights on around here and there was NOTHING ... as in zip, zero, nada in the way of expense/budget/balance reporting. We haven't had to do a fund raiser for the last 5-years and still have a healthy cushion for our normal operations.

I really don't know what the future of this site will be. Many of us are dying off (literally) and others seem to have moved on due to family or business obligations, general loss of interest, internal squabbles here, or to other platforms like Facebook, etc. Attrition is killing us and we really don't attract new recruits since All Outdoors shut down and I lost my recruitment pool. ;)

This place has a LONG history and I don't think anyone expected us to remain up and running for 23 months, much less 23 YEARS! As long as there are still a few of us keeping in contact through this site, we'll keep the lights on until we are forced to pull the plug. If I should croak, contact Lynn and tell her there's a ledger on my desk that says "Good Hunting Ledger" and tell her where to send the remaining funds. That is IF you can find her at our new condo in the Bahamas. ;)

That said, I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year and we'll hopefully have many more to come.

BarryBobPosthole
01-02-2020, 04:41 PM
Thanks for keeping up with that stuff for us Jim! I appreciate ya!

I think Airbud might be our last new member. A lot of folks that have been members here got here by word of mouth. Maybe we should just remember to mention it to folks if we know of anyone.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
01-02-2020, 04:41 PM
Thanks for keeping up with that stuff for us Jim! I appreciate ya!

I think Airbud might be our last new member. A lot of folks that have been members here got here by word of mouth. Maybe we should just remember to mention it to folks if we know of anyone.

BKB

Thumper
01-02-2020, 07:24 PM
But do we really need to mention it twice? :huh